This was such a fun quilt to make and talk about a challenge!! Well, it was a challenge because I made it one...by screwing up repeatedly and needing to find a new way of doing things.
It was the first time that I used fusible bias tape. That was the easy part. Once that was ironed down I needed to applique the edges of the bias tape. I used a narrow but loose zig zag. I took an applique class around the same time so it took me a while to learn where to make my turns and if the needle should be in the tape or in the fabric. I also decided to make the quilt an extra row and since it was a kit, I didn't have enough of the bicycle fabric. I ended up having to go online and find a yard of it on ebay. I also used my scraps to make a verigated binding. By the time I was done, I had learned a LOT.