Monday, June 16, 2008

There's Been Progress!!

I'm so proud of my furbaby!! We've still got blankets down over the stairs (they are carpeted but the backs are open) so she can't see that they're open but last night around 9pm Mom and I were upstairs organizing my linen closet. I kept hearing her tags jingling closer and closer. We had Mike come up to wipe off the top shelves because Mom and I are both short. So there we all are, I could see her reflection in a mirror and I whispered to Mike and Mom to FREEZE but keep talking. Low and behold...there she was!!!!! We all showered her with love and hugs and she got the big prize that was waiting on the top stair...a pig ear. After eating the pig ear she was standing at the top stair, stretching back down to get the rest of the treats she didn't eat off of the top three stairs. She stayed upstairs for quite a long time before going down.

When it came time for bed though, she was pretending to be asleep on the couch. I couldn't get her to even jump off so I gave her a hug and a kiss and went on my way to bed. She came back upstairs this morning while Mike was getting ready for work and she made the trip down and back up again while I was getting ready. Hopefully we won't have to keep the stairs completely covered much longer. I'm thinking that by of the week maybe we can start taking the blankets and curtains down one at a time with a few days in between.

My sewing room is coming along quite nicely. One thing is for sure though, I'm really going to have to take the time to organize my scrapbooking supplies. In the days to come I believe I'll be adding scrapbooking supplies to my sale blog little by little.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah!!! Give Holly a hug for me! (I am thinking of how sweet she is, sitting on my lap!) I'm gonna have to come see her soon!
Love,
Michelle

Kristie said...

Good for Holly!!! I knew she could do it!!! I'm sure that took some stress off of you. Can't wait to see you sewing room set up or should I say ROOMS!
Kristie

Connie said...

Yippee! She sounds like such a good dog--she loves you guys so much that she'll even overcome her nervousness about those stairs to be with you! Good girl Holly!

Moneik said...

So glad to hear she overcame her fear. She'll be used to the new place in time. Can't wait to see pictures of your quilt studio!

jillquilts said...

Yeah! THat's awesome! I knew that when she was ready and wanted it badly enough, she would make the effort to go up the stairs. NOw, I know why it freaked my little dachshund out, but why Holly? She's a big girl! :) No chance that she is going to fall through the stairs!

Freeblady said...

Yeah Holly!!!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

It was so exciting to see her at the top of the stairs. After eating the pig ear she walked from room to room checking things out. Soon she'll be running up and down like a pro.

Diane said...

Poor Holly. She has a fear of heights like me. A pig ear worked for her, I do not think it will work for me!!!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Yeah Holly!! On the bright side I guess my Lilly has finally stopped hissing and hyperventilating at everyone and everything. She is back to wanting to play fetch with the milk tabs.. Yes a cat that plays fetch.. Moms tired of it already.. LOL

Heather