Friday, June 6, 2008

You know what this is???

My New House key

MY NEW HOUSE KEY!!!!! Isn't it cool? Tinkerbell and a spool of thread. Ok, mainly I got it cause of the spool of thread. Giggle. I'm a nerd and I'm ok with it.

Ok, we got our key so that we can have our washer and dryer delivered tomorrow. Tomorrow they're also painting. So it will be interesting to see how long I sit and do nothing while waiting for the dryer between 3 & 7pm. It wouldn't pay for me to clean it...when a cleaning person is going to come and do that regardless. I can't really set up my quilt frame or anything in my quilting room until those rooms are painted. We can't really move anything in yet, don't want to get in the way of the painters. We'll just have to take it as it comes I guess.

It's REALLY HUGE. I think we're going to be way happy there. The only thing it's lacking is cabinet space in the kitchen. We might have to get some sort of buffet or something for storage. Or just really cut back on kitchen stuff. We don't have much counter space either. Oh well.

While I realize that Maintenance still needs to come through and fix the things they deem necessary, there are some things that I'd like to see them fix. For example, EVERY closet door in the place looks like it had the shit beat out of it. It's like the doors jumped off the tracks, the people living there didn't care and they just kept sliding them back and forth and rubbing huge grooves in them. I'd like them replaced. There's some strange lighting fixtures in the bathrooms...we might switch those out cause they'll bother me. We're also talking about building a bathroom cabinet because there isn't one. I think I'll have an iris cart in the mean time.

We went to the Time Warner store and set up our cable. That comes on Thursday. We'll see how the week goes, we have off Monday thru Wednesday. I might call work on Monday or Tuesday to see if I can take an extra day; being Thursday. Since "new" customers get a discount we just opened a new account instead of moving our service...whatever. Why can't they just give everyone the same deal??

Well I'm off to bed. I want do get up early and do some serious packing while Mike is...GOLFING. Hmmm, shouldn't I get to SEW?? Maybe I should take a portable table and my little machine and sew while I wait for the washer and dryer. Hmmmmmm.


9 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so jealous!!! I've tried to get a tinkerbell key! I am a Tinkerbell fanatic. I did find one once but they weren't able to make it work! This time (we just got our new house keys too!) they didn't have any tinkerbell keys. Where did you find it!
Good luck with the move. Even though our official move in date is the 15th we are gonna be moving some boxes over this weekend and they delivered out new dining room furniture on thursday ~ YIPPEE!!

Suzan said...

Regarding sewing while waiting for the washer and dryer...do it! I can't imagine you trying to stand around doing nothing, waiting impatiently!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Sewing is good, or playing on your laptop, otherwise you will pace and wear a path in your carpet. Why can't delivery/repair guys give you a better idea, or take your cellphone number and call about 30 minutes before they will arrive? Don't they think people have better things to do? On the other hand, it is Saturday, and you know they will want to go home so they can do something this evening.

Have fun waiting. Maybe they will fool you and show up early. You can only hope.
Michelle

Carol Van Rooy said...

THat key totally ROCKS!!! Dakota would go ga-ga over it. She loves Tinker Bell.

I can't imagine you sitting still, waiting for the washer and dryer. You'll have to keep us posted on the progress of that one.

Regina said...

That key is awesome -both for the Tinkerbell AND that you have the key!!! I so hate waiting for deliveries -especially with nothing to do - I would sew or make yo yo's or cut or something - since you are all caught up on reading Black Heels to Tractor Wheel's that's out... Hmmm...

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

She's adorable. I really need to get out more. I've never seen keys like that. I'm glad you like the new place. The door stuff is all cosmetic and having more space will more than make up for fixing cosmetic stuff. I'm excited for you!
Regina

Marsha said...

I love the key! I would be just as big a nerd and get one too. Very cute.

Moneik said...

The keys awesome! So glad you got to get the washer and dryer moved in. It's even better that it has a spool on it.