Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yummy Kitchen....

Sooooo, I'm dying to get unpacked and sewing up a storm so I can outfit my home in quilty things. I need to put a binding on a quilt by Saturday so I'll be digging for that fabric when I come home from the Brewer Game tonight. A few weeks back I picked up the pattern and fabric kit to make the Fresh Squeezed wallhanging. My dishes are blue and yellow so it will really perk up the joint.

I picked up these orange and lemon towels at Kohl's. Won't they just match perfectly?
Then I ran across this table cloth; also at Kohl's. It looks so fun on my table.
Then I was browsing some more and I saw this wallhanging:
I totally 'get' how it's put together so I bought some yardage and I'm going to make it to put in another area of the kitchen.


Our Kitchen is going to ROCK!!


My even better news?? I ordered the machine for my Gracie II frame!! I finally saved enough from my PT job to order it!!! I called Brad during lunch to tell him I was ready to have it ordered. It's the Babylock Quilter's Choice Pro with Grace Sure Stitch. So now my Janome 6600 can stay in Quilt Studio West and my Babylock QCP can stay in Quilt Studio East.


I've already named my machine in case you're wondering. His name is going to be Bud. My quilt frame is named after my Grandma, so it's Arlene. My Grandpa's nickname was Bud. Grandpa had an upholstery business for years and years and he had an industrial machine. I think Arlene and Bud will be a perfect match.


You know what this means don't you? Watch out, I'm ready to be super productive come July when I take on Moneik and Jill in our Out Cut, Out Sew, Out Quilt - Survivor Challenge. We're ready to go with the tickers for tracking our hours on our blogs. We're each going to put up a prize and winner takes all. I'm not sure what my prize is going to be yet; I'll have to come up with something good. All three of us are really looking forward to this challenge; each is determined to win.

13 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! Your kitchen is going to be beautiful!!! I just love those patterns! I'm so glad that you ordered your new machine! So when do you expect to have it??
Kristie

Moneik said...

Congrats on the new machine! I'm sure you'll love having a seperate machine to quilt with. You so know I'm going to beat you both though... I've had a full month off and I'm raring to go! Full speed ahead.

Michelle said...

How fun! But.....Jen.....what happened to the girl who hated ORANGE? That is so funny, because I too, lately have been leaning toward orange things, especially in my kitchen. You go girl!

Congratulations on ordering your machine. Woo hoo!!!!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Wow the mom is always the last one to know things. Had to read about the new machine on the blog but way to go. I'm sure Arlene and Bud will give you many happy years and wouldn't Grandpa be so proud of you.

Sandra said...

When do you have time for a part-time job? I'm strugling to go to college and teach one day a week.

Suzan said...

Can't wait to see your new kitchen quilts...they will be finished by the end of the month, right?!! :)

Congrats on the new machine...no more lugging the big boy on and off the frame!! Whoo yeee!!

jillquilts said...

You are SO going DOWN!! hee hee hee This trash talking thing is gonna be a blast! Your Bud looks a LOT like my Squiggy!

Bella said...

Oh I so love that for your kitchen....and mine! I was thinking this week of changing mine...and orange, yellow, and green could easily be done...gotta figure out a few ways to get blue in there too!

kt said...

your kitchen is going to rock! I'm so excited to get mine packed and unpacked again... my new kitchen is so much bigger than I originally expected... I'm going to have a blast at IKEA, I can tell already (do you have one near you?). I didn't know you had a PT job... but yay for your new machine. I'm so excited for you. I'm sure it'll really cut down time in your quilting without having to load and unload everything. best of luck - and I can't wait to see your updated pictures! (oh, and you should totally keep 'fresh squeezed' as the yellows and oranges, but do the other wallhanging with greens to have some LIMES with your oranges and lemons!).

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You're going to have the happiest kitchen around! Love those colors. Congrats on the machine for the frame. You must be giddy. It's really going to help in the contest and I'm betting on you, Jen!

Barb said...

Jen ~ I think you and I must have been twins in another life. My kitchen is all in lemons, limes and oranges! AND I'm so envious. Your new machine is the one I want more than anything!!! I was really temped the last time I went to Tampa, they offered me the floor model at an amazing price. It's a great machine. Congrats.

Diane said...

Your kitchen sounds like it will be bright and beautiful. Be sure to take pictures!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow your kitchen sounds like it is going to be so awesome. A new machine? I am jealous but I once again made the choice to buy a truck with my bonus rather than buying a sewing machine and frame.. Hmm maybe come october things will be different. I will be saving while out to sea.

Heather