Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Anyone up for S'mores??

I fell asleep on the couch last night; so this morning Mike woke me up at 5:30 when he got up for work. Instead of chancing oversleeping I got up and hit the sewing room. laid out my Bakers Square Quilt and got each row layered in piles for sewing. I got 1.5 hours in before I went to work. At lunch I hand sewed for 30 minutes.

On my way home from work I decided to stop at the New Berlin library and see if I could get a library card with my change of address form. It worked!! I finally have access to the most awesome library. I loaded up on like 6 audio books. Yahoooooooo!!!

When I came home from work I hit the ground running.

My top is together! Now I need to decide on borders. The size is decieving in this picture. What's a girl to do when the quilt holder is in bed? It's currently 54 X 76.


SN851665



SN851671

Isn't it wonderfully whimsical? I LOVE it!!

I'm back in the lead for the competition. Wahooo!!!

I'm on the hunt for my 100,000th visitor. It should happen sometime this week yet. There will be a prize involved, so if you are that 100,000th visitor make sure you put your visitor number in a comment and leave me your email address if it isn't attached to your blogger profile.

17 comments:

Carol VR said...

WOWSA!!! I love this one!!!

Think I can keep coming back till it rolls over to 100,000??? Just kidding.

Catherine said...

Oh, this is fabulous! It is wonderfully cheerful and whimsical. Very very happy quilt!

Moneik said...

I love the quilt. It looks so fun, upbeat, and easy on the eyes. Can't wait to see who your 100,000 visitor is!

AJ said...

I love it! The fabrics are awesome!

Regina said...

How hysterical - I was just teaching my co-worker about Charm Packs so she could get some for her mom the quilter and this is one we came across while we were browsing -I even bookmarked it to come back to buy some. Goodness knows you would already have it!!! You have EVERYTHING!!!

And don't you know I am going to be "stalking" this week until we hit 100,000!

TLC said...

Adorable quilt!

Michelle said...

Love it, love it,love it! Can I keep copying and pasting my comment until I get to 100,000? I'll take the whimsical quilt top shown in this post!
Michelle

Regina said...

just popping in for a stalk...

jillquilts said...

Oh, I love those fabrics and that quilt! Are you sending it to me??? I think that I still have a bag that I am waiting on, but you could always send this instead! he he he :)

Diane said...

The quilt is really pretty. I think you are going to crash when this is all over.

Suzan said...

What a fun quilt! I love the colors - very girly.

Bella said...

Love the quilt!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That is a hap hap happy quilt top! I love it! Doesn't it just make ya smile? Looking great in the competition! Oh..and...how many times do I have to just keep clicking on your blog to get to be the winner? Giggle!
Regina

ursula said...

it's sooo cute! i love it!

ursula

Linda and Diva said...

I love your whimsical quilt! Such beautiful colors.

I am new to blogging and just started my own blog. Check it out!

I am getting such inspiration from the rest of you quilters. But I am much slower because I hand quilt.

Linda

Michele said...

I just know you're going to hit that magic number while I'm on the drive home :(

And yes - very pretty girly quilt. But not too frou-frou.

Carol VR said...

OK no one came forward, so I'm claiming the 100,000 visitor all for me.