Monday, July 28, 2008

April's T-Shirt Quilt

I was just directed to this blog; Fiber Babble and OMG, the first entry is PRICELESS and totally sums up how I feel about music on blogs. I realize I can 'turn it off' but you know what? I've stopped commenting on the blogs that have music because I'd rather AVOID having to hit pause just to read and comment on a blog. 90% of the time I'm listening to my own music through the computer or an audio book and I really don't want to hear blog music on top of that. The mute toggle keys on my laptop is pretty worn out from how often I need to use it. It's not at all responsive anymore. If I'm surfing from bed so that I don't fall asleep on the couch and I wake Mike up because of a blog..yeah him and I would both be pissed!


I read blogs through Bloglines now so that I don't have to hear the music. I've got them sorted so that I know the ones that are music blogs and which ones are not. I don't visit the actual pages of the music blogs anymore, I just read the content and move along. I'm sorry but that's how I've chosen to deal with it because it's a feature I just can't stand. Props to your individuality, but here's my individuality, it's called avoidance!

I got up early this morning to work on April's T-Shirt Quilt. I've got it all assembled now. I had her take a look at the picture and we're just going to do a black border with black binding. I've got the black already so I should be able to get that on tonight after the game.


SN851697

9 comments:

jillquilts said...

I totally agree with you on the music on blogs! Very annoying when you aren't expecting it and I avoid those blogs and commenting on them.

Moneik said...

The t-shirt quilt looks great! I made a lot of those when I first started quilting and it looks like I'll be getting back into them this fall with mine and Paul's on the top of the list. I have to agree on the music thing, it's a problem to have them on when I read at work, so I just skip them.

RobinE said...

Amen! I'm with you on the whole music /blog thing.

I just can't get over what a prodigious quilter you are! So many beautiful projects. I really enjoy reading about them. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them! :)

TLC said...

How funny, I went to comment and Robine said exactly what I was going to say almost verbatim. So amen to that, Robine!

Kelly said...

I hate the music too! I don't know why anyone bothers to put it on their sites. I love the t-shirt quilt, I have one I need to make for my niece before she graduates next May. Did you iron the shirt onto fusible? It's amazing how much quilting you have done. I am so impressed. Kelly

Carol VR said...

Wow, there's been a resurge of people commenting about music on blogs. I may well have to head over to my blog and put it on self start. I didn't think so much about it discouraging people from visiiting like it does.

I gotta admit I also read through a reader and so I really come up against it until I comment.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

SEW JEN SEW

Michelle' said...

Have been wanting to also do a T-shirt quilt for my daughter with her high school shirts, of course they are so 'ratty' (can I say ratty and everyone know what that means, or is that a Missouri thing? - hmmmmm?) that I'm not sure it will be a prize winner, but it would be so meaningful to her and that's what I would only hope for. I guess I don't read enough blogs to hear music but maybe the 5 I have on my list don't have music - LOL! If it's an awesome song, I have to say I'm ok with it.

T said...

Jen, thanks for linking over to my blog - I was wondering where the sudden jump in my stats came from!

Beautiful quilts, great job on the t-shirt quilt! I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the snowman wallhangings. They're just too cute!

About the music and other grumps in my blog post? I've recently gotten a couple of anonymous comments that don't agree with my opinion; one went so far as to sound as if my comments were the reason she was abandoning her blog (I have no politically correct response to that).

I guess not every day's a party. :-)

FiberBabble