After work tonight I hit my sewing room. I managed to cut, sew, assemble and border a baby Yellow Brick Road Quilt. The binding will be yellow. I think I should have thrown the yellow into the quilt and saved one of the others for the binding. Oh well, what's done is done. Perhaps I can quilt it with Yellow thread or something. This baby quilt will go to Todd & Robin's youngest. I looked at my baby quilt list. I currently need 12 baby quilts. I still had a log cabin one in my stash and now this Yellow Brick Road so I'm down to needing 10. Maybe I'll do YBR for a few more since it works up so quickly. I also would like to do a Big Kid Quilt for Todd & Robin's oldest. I'm considering a Red, White & Blue Yellow Brick Road since his birthday is on July 4th.
Moneik tried to distract me around 11pm by instant messaging with me. What she didn't know is that my laptop was right on my sewing table so I could stop sewing just long enough to respond to her. Around 11:30 I realized I needed to wash my capri's for work the next day so I ended up staying up until 1. During the wash cycle I got quite a bit of lime green rug fabric wrapped.
I thought I'd share a few things that I'm loving about our new digs.
- I love that my key ring is lighter. I currently have my car key, house key, mom's house key, work keyfob. I do have a key ring that disconnects with my discount card thingies and Mike's truck key. I have gotten to remove a mail box key, a garage door emergency key, a weight room/pool key and the 2 keys to my Grandma's old apartment.
- I love that we have a mailbox on the outside of our door.
- I love that the only time I hear neighbors is when my neighbors Granddaughter is over and is getting a bath. Even then you only hear her while in our bathroom.
- I love that Holly seems happy.
- I'm loving not being completely unpacked. I've found that there's a lot that I don't need so there will be even more weeding out of stuff.
- I love being able to remember I need an item of clothing at some crazy late hour and being able to wash at any time I want AND have it done rather quickly.
- I love my central air. Even though it's nice enough right now to have the windows open we have the CA on so that Holly doesn't hear the firecrackers.
- I love that we have a free standing water cooler.
- I still can't get over the size of our closets. I know we're not organized to the best of their potential but it's a process.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE my quilt studios. I haven't had much of a chance to hang out in Studio East yet but this weekend that will change. It's the perfect shape for my frame and it's also a great space to line the walls with bookshelves and media shelves.
- I love that our walls are currently blank. I know we'll hang things eventually but right now...I like the blank canvas!!
I picked up the sashing and corner stone fabric for April's t-shirt quilt tonight. April, if you're reading this and want to come and see how it's done, let me know! You're welcome over any time!!! I also got my hands on some S'more fabric. I just bought a backing piece. I don't know what I want to make yet. Something probably around Twin Size because to me that's a good lap size. If anyone has a good idea for a pattern to use, let me know! I'd like to incorporate as many fabrics as possible from the line. Jelly Roll, charm pack, layer cake or yardage. I can pick up any of those.
Total for the day 4 hours, 15 minutes. Overall total 9.25 hours