Friday, July 18, 2008

Cough, Hack, Wheeze

I woke up this morning and started coughing. It proceeded to get worse and worse; I knew I was in full asthma attack mode. I probably one have maybe one really bad attack per year and this was it. I was hacking so hard for so long that I could barely catch my breath. I knew that I was not going to make it to work on time but I couldn't stop coughing long enough to call. I finally was able to call around 8:20 and made it in at 9. I coughed on and off all day. I did have a hot cup of tea midway through the day and that helped dramatically.

The work days these days are becoming unbearable; there's drama. Lots and lots of drama. Lot's of unhappy people, lots of complaints. It's turning into a pretty toxic enviornment. I'm going to need to tune it out and quick because by the end of each day I'm horribly crabby. I think I need to replenish my supply of earplugs in my desk and wear one in my non phone ear at all times.

Mom picked me up for BOM and I made her come in because I wanted to give her the quilt we had made. A group of us each made a block for her after she fell and hit her head earlier in the year. I got the blocks last week and got it together because I was dying for her to get it. I was sooo excited!! I took a video of her as she opened it and looked at it. It's a bit long and probably a bit dry but, it's my mom. She was too cute. If you do watch the whole thing, turn your volume up; not to hear the dog but with it normal you can only hear what I'm saying; not what she's saying...what do you want for a digital camera?




Here's a good picture of the quilt...no comment on the fact that it's upside down in the picture!!!

Mom's Comfort Quilt



SN851638

Mom and I went to BOM at Frank's Sewing Center where I found out that my machine that I ordered STILL WAS NOT IN. Ok, by this point I'm really getting irked. It shouldn't take 5 weeks to get a machine.

We were going to go to Claim Jumper for dessert but the place was packed; I guess I wasn't thinking about it being a Friday night when I suggested it. We ended up over at Baker's Square instead.


10 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the video. What a treat, except it just made me miss you girls more.

I loved your mom's reaction to the quilt, and want to thank YOU, Jen, for all you did. You were a HUGE part of this project, and I appreciate all you did.

Have a great day!
Michelle

Carol VR said...

Thanx again for spearheading the delivery of the quilt to your mom. The video was way too cute!!!!

Gina said...

Thanks for sharing the video. It was lovely to see your mum's reaction.
It's nice to know that Holly likes to get in on the act aswell

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Carla said...

It was great to see the video...thanks, Jen for it and everything you did to make this come together for your mom. She really does look happy!

Carla

jillquilts said...

Why didn't you say anything on Friday about not feeling well? I had no idea! I hope that you are feeling better!

Diane said...

What a great quilt for your mother. It is wonderful to see the names of people from all over the country and overseas.

Your dog is a ham! I laughed to see him take center stage over your mom's quilt. When he barked, my 2 dogs when crazy barking and trying to find out where it was coming from. Maggie is still barking and won't shut up.

Diane said...

What a great quilt for your mother. It is wonderful to see the names of people from all over the country and overseas.

Your dog is a ham! I laughed to see him take center stage over your mom's quilt. When he barked, my 2 dogs when crazy barking and trying to find out where it was coming from. Maggie is still barking and won't shut up.

Diane said...

What a great quilt for your mother. It is wonderful to see the names of people from all over the country and overseas.

Your dog is a ham! I laughed to see him take center stage over your mom's quilt. When he barked, my 2 dogs when crazy barking and trying to find out where it was coming from. Maggie is still barking and won't shut up.

Moneik said...

Thanks for sharing the video of your mom! It's so priceless and I'm so happy she loves the quilt. Thanks for all the work you put into making it so special. Heather's idea was great and I think it came together really well.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Again I just want to thank everyone for a beautiful quilt, I'm still shocked by it and I just love it. You are all the best friends a person could ever have or need.