***I'm on the hunt for my 100,000th visitor. It should happen sometime this week. There will be a prize involved, so if you are that 100,000th visitor make sure you put your visitor number in a comment and leave me your email address if it isn't attached to your blogger profile.***
On to why you're really here...the quilty goodness. I've got NO pictures today. Nope. Not unless you want me to start taking pictures of the floor in my sewing room. Everyday I go to work and the garbage is IN the garbage. Everyday I come home from work and the garbage is ON the floor. Gee, I believe my fur kid likes scraps. Sigh. Must head to walmart to find a tall almost kitchen size garbage can with a lid on it to sit under my cutting table. Then I can just put regular sized garbage bags in it instead of having to run down to the kitchen to empty it all the time. Now...if I can find that in PINK I'll be in business!!
I had to shop for a pair of black pants and then I stopped at a sewing machine store to check their price on a machine and stitch regulator for my Little Gracie Frame.
So here's my dilemma...On June 17th; 37 days ago I ordered a machine and stitch regulator from my local dealer. The dealer has fantastic and fast repair service and always has great prices. I was quoted a special price and honestly...I think he probably quoted too low and is just putting my machine off instead of saying, hey; I screwed up it should be $XYZ. Bottom line is; deal or no deal; I WANT THE MACHINE. I'm ready for the machine. I saved for it; I'm ready to pay cash.
A few weeks back my Mom stopped at the dealer and did some "research." Basically at that point my machine was ordered no where in their system. She was told it would be in the next week. The next week came and went. Last Saturday we were in there again and I was told Monday. I worked Monday night so I waited till Tuesday after work to call and again was told it hadn't arrived yet. I'm giving lots of time in between calls but I'm starting to feel like a stalker. I'm always told it's not there yet and that it's on it's way. It's not like I'm being told it's on backorder...that would be a different story.
How many days does a person wait for a product that they've ordered before they pull the plug and decide to go elsewhere? I don't want to get into a pissing match; I LIKE my dealer; a lot. But a good price on a machine isn't worth beans if I can't get the machine in my hot little hands. When I ordered it; I even asked if they wanted me to come and and put money down on it but I was told no.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid confrontation at all costs. I like my dealer...but this time around...things aren't going to swell.