Friday, July 25, 2008

Got a late start but...

I did manage to pull off 4 hours at least. We had a 30th Anniversary party at work so I didn't get home until about 8:30. Mike was at the Brewer Game and I realized we were out of soda. It had been a long day so I was in serious need of caffeine. After chatting with Jill for a few minutes I decided to head over to Super America to get some Coke Zero. I treated myself to a Cherry Slushy too. Honestly, how did I go so long not realizing you could get them there??

Once at home it was time to hit the quilt stuido with full force. I decided to start on my Shade Cascade quilt. It was super easy to make because it's just 1/4 log cabins but the design emerges all due to the color shading and placement. It's definitely a concept I'd like to play with again. What made this quilt so much fun was actually the way the fabric is printed. You get 4 gradiations in one cut of fabric. Isn't that the coolest concept?



Karen Combs is the designer of this pattern and I recently found that she is also a blogger. I was able to get the pink cut apart and those blocks made.

SN851673




Then I was just mentally exhausted from the day and went to bed.

3 comments:

TLC said...

Your shade cascade quilt is going to look so cool! I can't wait to see it.

Moneik said...

It looks awesome! i think I've seen this pattern before.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That is a great pattern. Thanks for the link! Might be perfect for those new fq's I just got. Hope you got some rest and then some more sewing hours!