Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

I hope that everyone has a fantastic 4th of July celebration today. Mike plans on breaking in his new grill and Mom and I plan on sewing the day away.

I got up at 8 this morning and I started sewing by 8:30 this morning. I put my Fresh Squeezed wallhanging on the frame and 2 hours later it was quilted. I think it turned out pretty nice. Hopefully I'll get it bound and a hanging sleeve on it today and then it can get hung.

I quilted it with a YLI yellow verigated thread. This was the first time that I quilted with YLI, it was one of the spools that Michelle gave me for my birthday. I didn't have any problems with it; it's a nice thread to work with.

Quilted Fresh Squeeze



Mike is outside right now heating up the grill to make us some lunch. This new grill is HUGE!!


Mikes New Grill



It keeps Mike happy so who cares how big it is...right?


2 Hours completed at the time of this post.
15.75 Hours Total for July.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I love that wallhanging!!! Can't wait to see it haning in your kitchen!!! Enjoy your weekend!
Kristie

Mrs. Sew and Sew said...

I am really enjoying your blog. You are so motivated. I love your work. You are a inspiration. Could you give me the name of the coiled basket book you are using. Thanks in advance. :) Karen

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love your wallhanging. Hope you put a picture on your blog when you hang it in the kitchen.