Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I've chickened out

I've decided not to enter my bargello quilt in the fair. It would be due tomorrow; it's still in a pillowcase without a sleeve or label. I'm just too afraid to enter it. I don't even know what I'm afraid of exactly but if I'm putting off sewing a sleeve and not even sewing for the contest then it just isn't be meant to be. Maybe I'll feel better about it by next year or for some quilt show in the future. But for right now it's just not happening. I think it's IS time for me to take it out of the pillow case and hang it somewhere in the house.

I've had one hell of a day. I went to ship out Maddy's quilts, an ebay item and a package for Kristie at lunch. I managed to get the ebay item shipped. I'm pretty sure Kristie's address is sealed INSIDE her envelope. Sigh. I'll write it on and mail it tomorrow. I'll probably just send that UPS just so I don't have to go back to the post office. How horrible is that? Maddie's quilts also didn't get shipped while I was at the post office. I decided I just didn't trust them with the box. I was talking to the head person over there about why we can go days and days with no mail; I just wanted to know if there was a hold up in the new city or if it's because they're getting nothing forwarded from the old one. I ended up being 15 mintues late coming back from lunch because of it. She took her sweet time printing out crap that I didn't need printed out and kept trying to tell her that they had already done that at the other post office branch. I ONLY wanted to know if our address was being flagged as no one living there at the NEW post office branch. That's ALL I wanted to know. I then didn't have time to pick up lunch and had to eat two cereal bars when I got back.

The last few weeks at work have been just frustrating beyond belief. Everyone's had weeks like those I'm sure...the type where you actually sit and ponder what you'd do if you won the lottery and then realize you'd have to start buying tickets first. I think the only thing that's keeping me from having a mental breakdown is the quilting contest. How bad is that?? Anyone ever notice how if there's a competition in the office to boost morale it's all fun and games until someone actually wins?

I went to the Eye Doctor today for my yearly check up. My eyes stayed the same and the little floater that I keep seeing in my eye is not even something they can see. Thank God. He assured me again that my eyes are clear and healthy...other than my craptastic vision. But, since I was seeing this floater they had to dialate my eyes. Talk about instant migraine. Gee, thanks. But, it seems like the office has all new staff. When I asked for my prescription so that I could get my contacts elsewhere she seemed a little shocked. I said well, I'm at the end of my rope with having to wait to get the invoice for MONTHS so that I can submit it to insurance. I mean really, it's not that it just happened one year, or two but since the new owner took over the clinic like, gosh...8 years ago. She promised that I could even have it by tomorrow. Ok, fine I ordered them. I'll be pleasntly surprised if I can actually pick it up this week.

I'm going to stop writing now, cause I sort of feel like this post became all about gloom and doom. I need to go sew so I can think happy thoughts and post back later with a better frame of mind.

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Cheer up!!!! Things will get better, just go sew and all things will be better!!!!
Kristie

Bethany said...

((((HUGS)))) Jen. It will be okay. I'm glad your eyes are fine. That's a scary thought wondering if something is wrong.

Again,

Lots of HUGS

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awww Jen, I'm sorry you had a bad day. It's gotta get better! You are ahead on the competition. You rock at sewing/quilting/craftiness in general! You seem to love the new digs! Holly goes up the stairs now. See all the good stuff? Best I had! Hang tuff, sew and think good thoughts.
Regina

Gina said...

Oh sweetie. We all have days/weeks like that. I'm sending big hugs your way.

love and hugs Gina xxx

Michelle said...

Hey Jen!
Did you notice there's a FULL MOON on Saturday? Yep, that's probably it.

You can post any old day, good or bad, and we'll always be here for you. That's what FRIENDS are for.

Louie and I love you. Have a wonderful wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle

Suzan said...

Sorry that everything is so crappy right now. I know you are really enjoying the sewing competition but I think you sound really tired. Feel better...I am thinking about you!!

jillquilts said...

I had no idea that you were having a bad time at work! I feel bad, but I can also say that I know what you mean. Unfortunately! Hopefully, things will get better soon! And don't stress about entering the fair. You'll enter when and if your ready, but it has to be your decision, not because someone is telling you to. {{HUGS}} to you!

Mrs. Sew and Sew said...

Hi, I hope your day is going better already. Would you give me you ebay address so I can purchase from you? Thanks, Karen :)

Moneik said...

Hopefully today was a better day.