Friday, July 11, 2008

Midnight Maddness

Mom and I went to Midnight Madness at Patched Works. Non-interrupted sewing from 5pm until 11pm. We got 6 hours of sewing in!! Mom, Jen V and I sewed upstairs because the classroom was pretty packed. We had SOOO much room and really spread out. We all got quite a bit done but my friend Linda...well she was the evenings over acheiver. She had a few quilt tops in progress and was able to get the tops completed.


SN851574



SN851575




I assembled the rows of blocks for my shower curtain and I finished the apron I was making for Chelsy's graduation present. I left it wrapped up on the cutting table for her to find in the morning.


SN851576



Check out this georgeous batik quilt that Diane has been working on. Isn't it beyond awesome?? She said it was years of batik collecting!!


SN851577



Mom worked on some of her block of the month blocks and she's now caught up with the Friday night blocks like I am. I only have one month's worth of Saturday blocks to catch up on. Hopefully I can get those done on Sunday.

4 comments:

jillquilts said...

Man, we have got to plan a weekend for me to wander up north! When?!?!? I can't wait to sew with you and Cindy! And I LOVE that batiks quilt!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That apron is adorable. Almost makes me wanna do something domestic. I said "almost"....heheheh
Looks like you all had a blast!
Regina

Moneik said...

Your projects look cool. Sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

That midnight madness was so much fun. Now I can't wait until the next one to sew again.