Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sewing on Sunday

Let's see, I continued working on last months blocks for the Kaliedascope of Color quilt. I like the way these blocks turn out but I'm totally burnt out on them. Yes, I realize it's my fault that I had like 4 sets to catch up on but wow...it's just NOT a block of the month...it's several blocks each month. Pretty, but my god, I'm glad I'm done till next month. This set of 4 blocks had to have taken like 6+ hours. Not because they were difficult; no they were pretty darn easy. They were just extremely time consuming.


SN851653



Then I gave Mom a refresher course on paper piecing and she made her friendship block.



SN851656



SN851657


I think her block turned out fabulously!!

I sewed the binding and hanging sleeve on to my Moda U quilt. Now I have something to hand sew during lunch time.

Before bed I decided to cut a new quilt. It's Baker's Square from Me and My Sister Designs. I'm using the Smores fabric by Moda.


SN851662

All in all it was a productive weekend. I'm sad that it's over.

Can you believe that Jill and I are tied?!?!?!?!!?!?

5 comments:

Diane said...

Pretty fabrics. Hope you are feeling better.

Moneik said...

Love the Moda fabrics and your mom's block looks great!

Suzan said...

Come to my house and give me a refresher course in paper piecing!! :)

Michelle said...

I love the kaleidoscope blocks, I love your mom's block, and I LOVE the fabrics! I might just have to dig out my PP books and build a block too!

ursula said...

i love those fabrics! the snowmen are sooo cute! i'm gonna have to find me some of that.

and your mom's block turned out great.

thanks for the gadget report...i was wondering about the dirt devil kone for the same reasons.

ursula