Saturday, July 12, 2008

Superb Saturday

This morning when I got up for work I decided that I needed to shorten my t-shirt and it's sleeves. I figured, no problem I'll use a double needle. OMG, for the life of me, I couldn't get my machine to play along. I hit the double needle button and everything. You know, now that I think about it; maybe I should have pulled out the manual. I wonder if there's a special stitch that I should have used. Anyway, in the end I decided just to sew with a straight stitch and then went back and sewed another line. It was frustrating but I did get an hour of sewing in.

The shop was super busy today because of the anniversary party. I was beat by the time I went home and took a 2-ish hour nap. I felt loads better once I got up. I started pinning my rows together for my shower curtain. I need to decide now how much to put for the header and footer; I might not even need a footer, just a header where I can put the button holes once it's quilted.


SN851581

Then I moved onto working on a 'super secret project.' I made 4 blocks and then embroidered some names on others that I've received.

All in all; even with working today I got 5.5 hours in. I'm LOVING this contest.



7 comments:

jillquilts said...

Hey, I did 12 hours yesterday! And I was so productive! I have some crap to do for sorority this morning, but I can't wait to get back upstairs and start cutting and ironing! BTW - did you get my shipment?

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

The shower curtain looks great. No wonder you didn't stop by yesterday after work.

Kelly said...

I love the colors in your shower curtain! I love that pattern too, it's so much fun to make! Got your note about the Wyland Wall, there are several of them that are now gone, that is so sad.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's gonna make one beautiful shower curtain. I haven't even tried that double needle thing with my machine yet. I sorta wish I didn't have shower doors instead of a rod now.
Regina

Amelia said...

Love the color combination of the shower curtain...We want to see pictures when you get it hung.

have a blessed week.

Amelia

Moneik said...

It's beautiful! I love that pattern. I saw it this weekend in tone on tones and it's so cool. That's the look I'm going for. We'll see how long until I get mine done.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OK our regular rods in the shower are tension rods. Just found that out when I hung mine up. I can't wait to see yours done and hanging.