I put the Circle Stitcher on my machine. It works very easy but for the size of the circles I wanted to do; I'd have a lot of open space in the centers. I resolve to use it again and again and again though. Wouldn't it be awesome for raw edge applique? Lots of circles on a baby quilt? That would be some serious cuteness!! So I ripped what I had and decided I was done with it. It's not my favorite piece; but I think that's because I did so much ripping on it. Not sure if it will immediately hang in my sewing room or if I'll hang it at work for a while. The binding is what I hand sewed yesterday at the Brewer Game.
Moving right along I put the borders on April's quilt. It's now ready to be quilted. I need to pick up backing fabric but that's no biggie. I think it looks REALLY sharp and it went together more quickly than I had anticipated. If I were ever to start doing commissions, I wouldn't mind doing t-shirt quilts. They're pretty straight forward. Now, we'll see if I'm still singing this tune once I quilt it!!!
Part of me would LOVE to use red for the binding, but the sane part of me respects April's opinion so I'll leave it black. Regardless, it will look fabulous!!
Moving right along I decided it was time to do 'something' with the Sweet Baby Jane panel that's been hanging out in my stash for going on a year. I originally purchased it to use for a baby quilt. When the time to make it up I realized what a bizzare shape it was and that it really DIDN'T look like a baby panel. I also had a charm pack. Every time I went to make a girl quilt, I'd pull it out, look at it and it would end up back in my stash. Enough is enough, it was time to act. I had 37 charms, so I added an additional few pink squares, sewed it into 4 rows, staggered them and now it's square at 44 x 44. It's an optical illusion now though because it looks kind of odd. I guess I should have used the other two rows for the top and bottom. Whatever...another baby quilt is now marked off my list and is in the 'to be quilted' pile. All I need to purchase now is binding unless I just pick a pink out of my stash and go with it. You know, I think that's what I'm going to do!
In a last ditch effort to get more hours in I decided to trace the applique pieces for another baby quilt. This one is stars and moons from the book Quilts, Bibs, Blankies...Oh My! by Kim Schaefer. I'd like to mention that Kim is from Brookfield, WI so for you local quilters, she's a local girl too. =) Her pattern company is called, "The Little Quilt Company." I urge you all to go look, her patterns are just adorable.
I also bought this pattern and plan to make a few of the items for myself and for gifts this year. I simply LOVE Snowmen and HERS are beyond adorable.
Anyway, first I was just going to trace the stars and moons. Next thing I knew I was digging out scraps to iron the heat and bond to. Then wouldn't you know it...I cut the stars and moons out. It's going to be a fun quilt. The background will be scrappy cotton and the applique pieces are flannel. It will be nice texture.
By the time I went to bed I was exhausted. But man, I'm really rocking the baby quilt world!
At this point, I'm not sure what I'm more excited about. Getting the most hours to win the contest, Getting to see all of my accomplishments this month written down and blogged about on the 31s; that has to be SOME list, Getting some much needed sleep or Getting my machine which; fingers crossed should be here on Thursday. But you know me and Murphy's law...we're tight...it won't be here till next week FOR SURE!!!