Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wahooo!!! Fresh Squeezed!!

Is done, on the wall and looking fabulous!!!




SN851573

I can't believe how long it took me to hand sew that binding and the hanging sleeve. HONESTLY!! I need a thimble. I seem to have lost ALL of mine when I moved. So if anyone has a hot lead on one; let me know. Actually; I believe I'm missing an entire back pack that had sewing supplies in it. Huh, I wonder if I left it at my Mom's?

How did I hang it? Well you're going to have to wait a few days for me to reveal that. Muah hahaha. I want to make sure it has worked before I open my trap. I told my husband that if he comes home from work to find it on the ground to break it to me gently. But the junk you see on the table in this shot was from my 'experiment.' Ok, ok, the laundry detergent not so much! Anywho, my hanging idea if it works, cost me less than $10.



SN851571



I'm sorry but I needed to take another picture of my lovely from yet another angle!!



SN851572

While picking up the HTML code to add these pictures from Webshots I noticed that they added a new feature. If you're the type of person who adds only ONE picture to a post this new Webshots feature will be perfect for you. On the right hand side; in that yellow box there's a link that says "Share On." If you click this link, you can put in your blog user id and password. You can even title your new blog post. It will send the picture directly into a new blog post, OR into your side bar. Of course; you'd still need to move things around to get it where you wanted on your side bar, but it's a fabulous feature for those that aren't very net savvy.

My hand sewing netted me another 3 hours for the day. =)

10 comments:

Regina said...

You hung it up with Graham Crackers?????

Seriously - it is GORGEOUS!

Trish said...

It looks great. I'm anxious to see how you hung it. Currently I just pin mine to the wall with straight pins, but I'm thinking there has to be a better way ....

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It's perfect! I, for one, am very interested in finding out how you hung it! It's looks awesome. Go, JEN!

pudge's girl said...

Love the colors, looks great in your house. Definitely something gooey to hang it.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

It looks fantastic I can't wait to see it in person.

Bethany said...

Jen...looks wonderful!

Diane said...

Great quilt. Am waiting for how you hung it up.

Connie said...

That is gorgeous! It looks so cheerful and happy. Can't wait to hear the secret of how it was hung because it looks flat and square and flush against the wall!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful work. love the colors.

Moneik said...

Looks great Jen! I'm guessing with some 3M stickies of some sort.