Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a day. I'm beat. Who knew a person could sew so much in one weekend? This competition is stiff!!

Let's see, I finished the 16 log cabin blocks which were assigned for ONE MONTH of our BOM. Honestly, I'm glad I was only like four months behind, had I first jumped in a few months from now I'd probably just say forget it. I have another baggie to do yet. I believe it's for 4 of the same block.

I really chose a HORRIBLE navy fabric. It's very, very stretchy. Oh well. Here's my blocks:



SN851558



Then I did the center medallion block:



SN851559



I laid some of the blocks out the way they will be sewn together. It looks realy sharp.



SN851561



This apron is called Flirty Skirty. I'm making it for my friend Chelsey. I still need to add the ties and pockets.


SN851562



Isn't that rick rack just adorable? It's jumbo sized!!

I'm exhausted...it's time for bed!!


7 Hours Completed at time of Entry.
39.75 Total hours for the month of July.

7 comments:

Moneik said...

Glad you are getting caught up on your BOM's. We'll have to visit tomorrow, had to sew all weekend.

jillquilts said...

That navy may be a pain to work with, but the blocks and layout are really sharp! I can't wait to see what else you have to make for it! Love the skirt!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Looks wonderful. You Ladies are getting really serious with the competition....It's great to watch from the sidelines....
Regina

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Sewing is tiring especially when you're not used to sewing for long periods of time. I got tons done sewing with you but I'm tired.

Diane said...

I love the navy with the colors you chose. Great job!

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

ROZ said...

Spectular quilt--that you're working on. And cute apron.