Monday, August 4, 2008

2006 - Drunkard's Path

I love this quilt. Not so much how it turned out, but I still love it. I bought the fabric from a shop that was going out of business. That deep pink marble...well I didn't have enough. I needed one little 6" square and I didn't even have enough of it left over to piece together so I ripped the quilt apart and had to make it a different shape. I even searched online for the fabric and came up with nothing. Then it was just one heck of an odd size so I added that freakish pink border to it. Looking back, I really should have quilted the borders somehow but I did it before I got into the whole quilted border stuff. Who knows, maybe at some point I'll throw it on the frame and see what I can do with it.

Drunkards Path



4 comments:

Gina said...

Love the Drunkards Path block. I've got a sampler pattern of different versions I might pull that out and start it. I can hand sew that over the next month or so. thanks for the inspiration.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

KyQuiltlady said...

I love the Drunkards path. I have done a couple of blocks, one in a sampler and one in a challenge block, but that is a quilt on my "To Do" List. You do such GOOD JOB!

Moneik said...

Interesting fabrics and I know what you mean about not finding the one you want when you need it.

Luv to quilt said...

I like the colors , great job