Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 51...

Yep that's right, I'm STILL WAITING FOR THE DANG MACHINE TO COME IN. I'm BEYOND pissed off and getting more and more angry every day. It's making me quite ugly, Mike can verify that. There is no reason why it should take a machine this long to arrive. It could have gotten here on horseback by now. It would have gotten here by now on a slow boat from China.

I've lost all faith in my dealer. I'm done. I'm just done. I wipe my hands of it. I'm calling to cancel my order. I keep hearing more and more people who say they've tried ordering things from the same dealer and have gotten zero response and have had to go elsewhere too. At least with canceling there is some finality to the situation. Sure I'm not ending up with a machine, but that's better than hoping it's going to come in some day. It's better than having my quilt tops continue to pile up waiting to be quilted. My pile is up to 10 tops folks. It's better than having everyone I know ask if it's come in yet because they're all mad about the situation WITH ME but I gotta tell you, those questions are stressing me out beyond belief.

Then what? Then what will I do? Well, to me the most sense and least amount of stress will be to just call the Grace Company and see if they have a Grace Sure Stitch in stock and then order it directly from them to use with my Janome 6600P and then someday soon I will buy a small machine to take with me to classes and use while my 6600 is on the frame but I'll get that from a different dealer than my 'usual.' I'm using the term 'usual' quite lightly because I'm DONE except for repairs. When I do the small machine; I'm going to make sure that it's in house wherever I buy it from.

So that's my deal. There is no "deal" on a machine if you can't get the @*(&*#$%&*#$& machine in your hot little hands and on your frame.


5 comments:

Carol VR said...

HAVE YOU GOT IT YET??? Kidding aside, I too would be royally pissed. Hope you come to some conclusion soon. Quilting slower isn't an option.

Michelle said...

Jen, I feel your pain, really I do. Louie talked to someone from Lisle Illinois today who is a Janome, Juki, etc, etc, authorized dealer, repair place, and I think tomorrow, my Juki will be on a ups truck heading to the hospital. They think they know what is wrong, and if parts have to be ordered, they say.......2 to 3 weeks tops. This whole situation has literally, just about pushed me over the edge. This morning, I even considered selling both my Juki's, the Cruise control, and buying a Viking Mega Quilter, because we have an AWESOME Viking dealer about an hour from here, but I will give this place a chance....I just about can't TAKE anymore either.

Moneik said...

Jen I'm so behind you on this one! I know the immense dissatisfaction you are going through and what a pain in the rear it has become! Hope things work out for you in the end.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm with you all the way. You waited far longer than I would have. I don't have that kind of patience. I think you showed great restraint not going off on 'em!
Regina

Suzan said...

You are a better woman than I am - I would have cracked weeks ago! I bought Jenny from a shop out of town because the price was better, however, I have a qualified dealer nearby in case I ever need repairs. Best of both worlds!