Friday, August 8, 2008

Swing and a Miss...

I'm back to being sad.

I was SOOOOO excited when I left work, I ran over to pick up my machine. I left with my machine, the stitch regulator, a spool of thread to quilt April's quilt, a spool of fusible thread for binding and a box of bobbins.

I got home, I put the machine on my table, change the needle, wind a bobbin, thread it, drop the feed dogs, pick Holly's blanket up off the floor and test it out (poor dog; I'm ALWAYS pulling her blankies up off the floor to test stitches). It stitched beautifully, I didn't even have to adjust tension. I put it on my frame and off we went to the fair.

Tonight we got the cool rubber brush/broom type things...Mike has wanted one of those for about 6 years now and a refill pack for our ped egs. Mom got the same floor steamer that we got the night before. We had some different foods, checked out some animals, had a cream puff and were on our way home.

I go upstairs to quilt studio east to assemble my stitch regulator...had to call in Mike. He gets it all assembeled to the point of moving the dipsticks when he reads; If you have a Brother 1500 or a BabyLock QCP go no further; you have the wrong Stitch Regulator.

Honestly, can I catch a break?

6 comments:

Kristie said...

You poor thing!!! I feel so sorry for you! How crazy is all of this? I would be soooooo sad. But cheer up, it can't get much worse.
Kristie

Michelle said...

Is the stitch regulator something you can find quickly and easily? I feel your pain..........I hope you resolve it very quickly.
Michelle

Moneik said...

I sure hope you are able to quickly get this resolved! I just feel horrible for you. I was hoping to hear things were going great.

Suzan said...

If it's not one thing....

Glad you at least finally got the machine!

Diane said...

Had the same happen to me when I ordered the speed control for my Brother 1500s. Found out that because my machine was a newer model , I had to return the control and wait for a different one. It is so frustrating. I feel your pain. Worse for you though,because you waited so long for your machine.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh Poor Jen! How long will it take to get the right one, is the real question now. Just keep thinking about how great it's going to be once it's all come together. Hang in there!
Regina