Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bud & Arlene

Wow, I've got a lot to post about!! Where to start??


Bud and Arlene, you've asked to see a picture...

arlenebud


Oh wait...you're not looking to see a picture of Arlene and Bud from the 80's?? Giggle, how about them and their kids; also in the 80's?


family


Wow...that one has GOT to be EARLY 80's. Anyone who I'm not related to want to take a stab at which one of these girls is my Mom?? Giggle...she might KILL me for this.


Ok, ok, Arlene the Quilt frame and Bud the Machine...

SN851759


And this will be my new scrap central located under the frame.

SN851760


Rats! I see another drawer of fabric to fold.


Because I like labels, here's the labels I made to go on the front of the drawers. Now just to find my Xyron so I can attach them and fill them up.


SN851758


Every time I turned around tonight I thought I was done folding, when in reality I'd find another pile. I think I'm really done this time. Now I just need to arrange by color, type, project or whatever strikes my fancy.

SN851761


I'd say about 50% of that if not more is for specific projects that I just haven't gotten to yet.


Then it was onto the sewing of a quilt that will be used at the shop. Giggle, it's needed for Saturday but the focus fabric hasn't come in yet so I've gotten the quilt top as far as I can. Everything is ready for that fabric to slide on in and be assembled. All the corner stones, sashing and setting triangles are sewn together as much as possible. UPS shows the fabric coming in on Friday and I'm bound and determined to pick that fabric up after work and drop the top off on Saturday morning! I won Quilt Survivor...a last minute quilt top is just no biggie. Giggle. I LOVE a CHALLENGE!!!


SN851754


Lastly and most importantly I went to the post office at lunch to pick up a package that Jill had sent to me. It was some thread I ordered AND my Quilt Survivor prizes.



SN851756


She made me a pouch for my sewing stuff!! Can you believe it? I keep putting off making one for myself. Jetson's fabric which I was coveting from afar because no one around here carries it. She said it's enough to make a pillow case and pj pants and then we can be Evil Twins at retreat next year!! Colored needles, binding clips and a slick courier bag pattern which is JUST in time because Chelsy and I want to make laptop bags and the two patterns that I have look pretty complicated and time consuming. This one will be PERFECT!!

SN851757



13 comments:

Moneik said...

I'm guessing your mom is on the lower left hand corner of the picture. Your quilt is coming along nicely. I can't wait to start mine, but I'm still in the process of my special project.

Kristie said...

Can't wait to see more of this quilt!!! I know that you can do it! You just love a good challenge!!! Nice gifts from Jill! Love the Jetsons fabric!
Kristie

Kristie said...

Oh! Your machine looks really nice!! I'm sure you are sooooo happy with it! Love your stash photos!!!!
Kristie

Trish said...

I want to see see a picture of the Jetsons pj pants when they're done! I love the Jetsons!

jillquilts said...

*Giggle* You already have the Jetson's fabric folded and in the cabinet! he he he I can tell which one it is! I was gonna guess that your mom is in the lower left corner, too. You did forget to mention that I had already used the silver Bottom Line! :)

Woo hoo!!!

Infinity Quilter said...

Congrats on getting organized, but is that all your fabric (not including scraps)? Are you secretly holding out on us? Look forward to see the finished quilt top on Saturday!

P.S. GO BREWERS!!!

KyQuiltlady said...

Is your mom sitting by grandma? You must never have to take any stitches out with your machine by the wall. I like the pink handles. Looks like a good start on organizing. More projects with the Jetson fabric.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Hey you couldn't have found a better picture?????????? Like the birthday?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I was gonna guess bottom left, too. When are you gonna tell us? You sure do get a lot done. I'm so glad Bud and Arlene are together at long last! Look at how much you get done. You're making the rest of us (and by that I mean me) look bad!
Regina

bingo~bonnie said...

I love your Jetson's fabric!!! They were one of my favorites to watch when I was growing up too!

Looks like your fabric collection is growing. I love how you have it all folded so nice and neat.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

bingo~bonnie said...

I forgot to make my mom guess... the one on the bottom right does look the most like you - but you said it was taken in the 1980's and from your profile you look to be about my age... (I'm 34) and so that being said that girl on the end of the sofa (bottom right) is TOO Young to have a kid your age at that time in the 80's.

So I am gonna guess - one of the ladies standing in the back on the right... maybe the one in the black blazer???

I can't wait to hear who your mom is :) :) :) fun! ~bonnie

Carol VR said...

I'm thinking she's on the left of your gramma. Come on you haveta tell us.... please.

Connie said...

OMG--you are so organized and focused!! I need a dose of that! Maybe having a 5 and 6 year old depletes ones mental resources and reduces organization......I used to be really neat and orderly! I love the way your studio looks--it would be a blast to work in there! And congrats (belated) on the win of the contest! I was on vacation when the result was announced! Great job!