Thursday, September 25, 2008

2006 - Christmas and Winter Wallhangings

I love the Art to Heart books. There's enough cute things in them to make something new each year.

This reindeer I made for my cubical at work. I LOVE his Christmas light buttons.



Christmas Reindeer Wall hanging

Then I made this adorable piece for our door. Wow...I had the iron on the heat and bond a little too long because the heat and bond actually melted IN to the fabric making it really difficult to applique. I was breaking thread every inch or so. It took me about 8 hours to applique. This was also the first piece that I free motion quilted after I took my first class. I was SOOOO proud of myself.


Christmas Wall Hanging



Because I had recently learned to satin stitch I made this snowflake wall hanging for my cubical at work. It's a hit and it didn't even turn out that great!!


Snowflake Wall hanging



I absolutely LOVE snowflake items.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the art to heart books too! i've made a few of the christmasy things and i'm now working on halloween ones.
your quilts are sooo cute.

ursula

Moneik said...

I love the snowflake wall hanging. I can see why everyone would love it.

jillquilts said...

I have the Santa and Rudolph that we did as a table runner for my first applique piece. Think I started with too much??? Very cool pieces you have there.