Friday, September 26, 2008

2006 - Friendship Blocks

I had already started my blog at the point these were made but I couldn't blog about them at the time. These blocks were for our friend Karen. A group of us made blocks to put into a friendship quilt to keep her warm and give her hugs while she underwent her cancer treatments. At the time the blocks were due, mom and I had picked our fabrics, the sayings we wanted in our blocks and we had chosen which blocks we were going to make. Then, all hell broke loose. My grandma had 3 heart attacks, mom had to go on a business trip and she then got snowed in and came home a few days later, Murphy was diagnosed with diabetes. I ended up making both of our blocks and even overnighted them to Sue so she'd get them only one day past the deadline. It turns out, mine were the first blocks she even received so Mom and I could have made them together after all.


Friendship Block



Friendship block

One day when we were at Patched Works, Karen brought in the finished quilt to show us since we had yet to see it fully assembled. It turned out soooo lovely.

(((hugs to Karen)))

I believe this post actually concludes the "This Old Quilt." Everything in the past that I have photos of has now been blogged about. It was really great to take a walk down memory lane.


4 comments:

Karen said...

The quilt still brings me comfort. I am so lucky to have such loving, caring friends!

Regina said...

I love quilts like these - so much goes into each block. Powerful stuff.

Moneik said...

Beautiful blocks! I love friendship quilts

jillquilts said...

Wow! What a trip! Down the lane, that is. You definitely are Prolific!