Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday; In a Funk

When I work up this morning I was able to get the second Jellyin' Around quilt top together. It pretty much looks the same as the other, minus the pink. I kept the pink to all one quilt so that one can be used for a girl and the other for a boy.


I had an odd sinus headache. I wasn't sure if it was related to my cold or not. When I got home from work, all I wanted to do was take a nap before going out later. I was just about asleep when Mike came home. He and Holly had a pretty LOUD and lengthy conversation. Yes, she's a dog; I get that but there are some days you can't shut her up. It's not even barking. We call it 'talking.' It goes something like this:




Mike: What did you do today Holly?
Holly: Wahooo owwwyyywywoow
M: Really? You got a good nap?
H: Wooooof rowaw
M: You were woken up by the birdies?
H: Rooowowowowowowowow
M: Doesn't that just piss you off?
H: roooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww




It's pretty funny. It really does sound like a conversation because she waits for your pause and then she starts up. But, I was in no mood for it so I went upstairs. I was just about to sleep again and my mom Texted, followed by a call. Again, almost asleep and another CALL. OMG. Just about to doze; know I only have about 10 minutes and the neighbors dog started barking incessantly because they always leave it alone outside. I yelled for the first time at our new place, "JUST SHUT YOUR DOG UP ALREADY." And it stopped. By now...I was wide awake and it was time to go.



Mom and I went to Jen's and then on to Frank's for his anniversary sale. I picked up some notions. (Big surprise right?) I can't help it. I'm a gadget girl and when there's a 40% off sale, that's reason enough to own a few...right? I bought a purple rotary mat; for no other reason than the fact that it's purple and goes with my pink one and an ensy mensy 18mm Clover rotary cutter that I'll be able to use with my drunkard's path template. Hmmm, 3 spools of thread that I'll use on the Phrase Wallhangings for Ethan, a quarter inch foot for Audrey; who by the way was $50 more than what I got her for last week.



Audrey? Who's Audrey? Huh? Yeah, we'll talk about her once she arrives. Giggle.



Afterwards we went out for dinner. By the time I got home, I was beat!




2 comments:

Gina said...

Stan's a talker aswell. It always cracks people up as they've never heard another dog like it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jennifer said...

Oh, my old dog was a talker too. Thanks for the story...makes me remember her! Now I just have an OCD ding-dong!