Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here we go Loop de Loop....

I woke up early this am and didn't want to chance over sleeping so I put the pink and brown baby quilt on the frame. I loop de looped it in no time. I had a pink and brown variegated Superior Rainbows thread that I intended to use for the top of the quilt. At the last minute I decided to go with a pale pink for the top and I used the variegated thread in the bobbin where it would show up the best. I had backed the quilt in white flannel so it really pops. Of course, doing this I needed to change my bobbin twice but that's ok because I LOVE how it turned out.




SN851856





SN851859




After work we went to our last Brewer Game of the season. We sat in the 300 level in really comfy seats. It was the most boring game I've ever been to in my life AND it went into extra innings. It was a 4-1/2 hour game...which we ultimately LOST.


We got home so late that I didn't get any quilting in. =( Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

I ran across this awesome blog entry of Veronica's. She made herself a little caddy for underneath her sewing machine. Now, I've made several of these; including a bunch at retreat when Jill pimped me out but Veronica put a new twist on it. Instead of free motion quilting it, she used her decorative stitches to quilt it. If this isn't a brilliant idea I don't know what is! When you get a new machine you're urged to go through and test out all of your decorative stitches so that you can see what they actually look like. I've tried to do this but I typically get bored really quick but this project? This is something that you can try them all out on AND have a finished item when you're done to use as reference and you won't even have to search for it because it will be under your machine.



I finally got around to making a logo for our Prolific Online Quilters Group. I think it turned out pretty cool. I took the picture from my Charming Challenge and edited it to the extreme and used it as a background.



Started with this:

Charming Challenge


Changed it to this:

pinkcc


Ended with this:

poqlarge



10 comments:

Moneik said...

I absolutely love the new logo! Who knew it was your quilt? That's a great idea and you're so talented when it comes to design. I love Ava's quilt too. It looks really pretty and I'm sure the verigated on the back is great. I figured the game went long since you weren't online when I was last night.

John said...

Beautiful quilting! I still haven't mustered up the bravery to try free motion quilting, but I really want to SOON! I'm just so nervous about ruining something that I've already spent so much time and effort on ...

CatQuilter said...

I'm soooooooooooo sorry the Reds beat the Brewers. Trust me, that doesn't happen very much. Can't wait to get home and see your photos on the blog. For some reason I can't open them from the office.

A frustrated Reds fan,
Cathy

Mindy said...

I love your work! I am just beginning to sew and would LOVE to learn to quilt. Are there any books or resources you would recommend to me?

Mindy said...

Just in case you have a chance to send me an email for my question above, you can email me at familyofm@gmail.com.

Shar said...

Love the Loop de Loop quilting on the pink and brown baby quilt!

Anonymous said...

I've missed reading your blogs since you left myquiltblog.com. Now that I've found you again, I am back to being in AWE of all that you do and how quickly you do it! I love the pink and brown quilt, and the turtle and the Paddington Bear. And all this in the month of September!?! You are truly amazing!
Vesuviusmama from myquiltblog.com

Carol VR said...

I can't believe how QUICKLY your popping these quilts off. You've become a MAD woman!!!

If only I had the time to sit down and sew I'm sure I would become far more prolific at it.

So little time....

Jennifer said...

No way, I can't believe the logo came from your quilt! Now it is even cooler than I thought it was before. Love the baby quilt too. I really like the variegated thread on the white backing.

Babs Schmidt said...

Love the pink & brown quilt! And the new logo is just fabulous!