Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm a Slacker!!!

I was all set to sew all day on Sunday and that's just NOT how the day went. I was a total slacker!

Mike and I did some shopping. We were trying to find an over the toilet cabinet for our full bath but cannot find one we like. We did end up purchasing a rod so I can hang another wall hanging up; this time it's the Moda U post card quilt and it's going it in the Stair Case. I decided to bring my bargello out to see the light of day. I draped it over the couch. Unfortunately Holly and Mike mess it up when they sit there. Sigh. I realized it's too large to hang unless I hang a quilt rack and then you don't get the full effect of the bargello. Might have to come up with another plan. I forgot how beautiful that quilt is.

I came home from shopping and lunch, went to read email and proceeded to take a three hour nap. Either I was catching up from Friday's nap desire or I really needed it. Mike went to a buddies house to watch the Packer Game and I holed up in my sewing room. I appliqued 1 full phrase and 3/4 of another one. I should be able to get the rest of the applique done tomorrow. Then I can start sandwiching and quilting the wallhangings. I haven't decided if I want to do them at my sit down machine or load them onto the frame so I can use the stitch regulator. We'll have to see. In the mean time, I'm going to mail out Ethan's three baby quilts because it might be another week or so before the wallhangings are done. I need to do the hanging sleeves and such too. I'll post the phrase pictures tomorrow night.

I've been taking pictures as I applique so that I can do an appilque tutorial. My friend Regina has been asking for one and since I can't wave my magic wand and end up in her sewing room 500 miles away the online version will have to do. =)

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Ok...I checked it out. It's only 382 miles from your door to mine. Can your wand manage that? Thanks for working on the tutorial for me. I'm looking forward to it (can you hear me yippie-ing from there?) Be glad you can't see me doing a happy dance, it ain't purty!
Regina

kt said...

I, too, am intrigued by your applique tutorial! yay!

Moneik said...

I'm sure your applique is turning out great. I'm busy hand sewing binding... ick!

Carol VR said...

ohhhh, I can't wait for the tutorial!!!!

You rock, as always...