Saturday, September 13, 2008

Madison Quilt Show - Part 1

I woke up around 5:30 am. I needed (wanted) to make Mom and I purses since I was too tired to do them the night before. We were each going to wear out Quilt Survivor t-shirts since the Prolific Online Quilters ones turned out to be a bust. I love the Lazy Girl Run Around Bag for quilt shows. I can wear the purse across my body and don't have to worry about where my wallet or camera ended up. I whipped up Rosie the Quilter purses for us. When we saw Eleanor Burns later in the day we had her sign our purses since her lecture was about Rosie the Riveter and her Victory Quilt book.

SN851950




SN851952




I was done making them and in the shower by 6:30. Mom was supposed to pick me up by 6:45 so I texted her asking to give me a few more minutes. I was ready and had walked out the door at 6:50 and we were on our way to meet Maureen and Sue at Brookfield Square. We picked up Sherry and headed over to McDonald's for breakfast. OMG, there was a huge language barrier at McDonalds and most customers received the wrong items. Really, is it so hard? McDonalds has been serving pretty much the same food for quite a few years. The value meal numbers may change from time to time but it's pretty straight forward! It was about 40 minutes of our lives that we will never get back. Coming out of McDonald's Sherry took a bad fall right on her knees and wrists. We all knew that in a few hours she was going to be in a lot of pain. =(


We managed to hit quite a few vendor booths before lunch. I can honestly say...I'm not really sure where all my cash went. I think I need to sit down and figure it out because I'm baffled! I really didn't purchase all that many things. I guess it adds up much quicker than we realize! We had lunch and then decided to each make a block that will go into quilts to raffle for the American Heart Association. Here's all four of my buddies: Sherry, Mom, Maureen and Sue.


SN851861


Here's my block:


SN851862


After that, we went to our one hour Eleanor Burns lecture.

To be continued in part 2.

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a great day! I'm a big Eleanor Burns fan. I watch all those Quilters TV videos. I'm such a geek!
Regina

KyQuiltlady said...

Wow! you are fast with making those purses! I never finished nothing that fast in my life. Sounds like you all had a good time with Eleanor.

Regina said...

Great bag -and getting it signed is too cool! I feel like I am reading your blog upside down though..

Moneik said...

The runaround bags are so way cute! I love how fast they go together. I made them for our quilt show trip and everyone loved them.

jillquilts said...

OMG! 40 minutes in McDonald's? That is just CRAZY!