Sunday, September 14, 2008

Madison Quilt Show - Part 2

Eleanor Burns Victory Quilts Lecture

There we were...early and IN THE FRONT ROW. They asked if anyone would like to be a quilt holder. Now...since Eleanor is my mom's all time favorite and her quilting idol Maureen volunteered my Mom who I think was ready to crawl out of her skin because of all the excitement.



Sue & Cindy - Eleanor's helpers



It was such a FUN presentation. We got to see the quilts that are in her Victory Quilts book which of course we all had to own as well as some antique quilts from the period. At one point she was telling us aboug FDR's dog Fala and a block that based on Fala. Eleanor had them put on dog ears and tails...which I got on video...

Giggle.



Here's a slideshow of the rest of the pictures that I took during the lecture:












We had a fabulous time. For $10 it's something I'll do every year. Of course, we've now all vowed to make a Victory Quilt!!

Towards the end of the lecture I started feeling run down. Sneezing a LOT. I figured it was all of the wool booths. Nope...by the time we had dinner, I was convinced it was a cold and it had come on fast. =(




5 comments:

Kristie said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I'm sure that was very exciting for your mom! So when do you plan on starting your "Victory Quilt"??? Anytime soon?
Kristie

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

That is the most fun I've had in ages. You can always tell what side of the quilt I'm holding up because I'm vertically challenged. Eleanor is such a warm and friendly woman. Afterwards we went and got our books signed and of course our Rosie Run Around bags. I can't wait to start the quilt.

Moneik said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm sure your mom was thrilled to help. The Rosie quilt is especially cute. We have all the EB fabrics, but I haven't made anything with them. That looks like such a fun lecture!

Jennifer said...

Great post - thanks for sharing all the pictures and the purchases...I see that you shopped with The Back Door - they are my favorite local shop! Next time you come through Indy, I will have to take you there for a visit.

jillquilts said...

How cool! I bet it was a great time. I am going to have to see if she does shows at Columbus for when we go next year!