Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Madison Quilt Show - Part 4

More Shopping and Quilt Pictures

Candy Dots...love em'!! I'm guessing this is more knock-off fabric than licensed fabric (I've yet to look at the label) because to me it doesn't look 'spot on' like a lot of the other licensed fabrics do. But it was cute and I'll find something to make with it.




SN851958



Ok, I've seen this template work. I saw her sew these curves. Now, can I do it? Luckily we ran into a few of the other Quiltie Ladies while we were at this booth and they have it to. If I have problems hopefully one of them will remember how it was done!!




SN851957





SN851956



Can't forget the sock monkeys. I started collecting sock monkey fabric rather recently so it was nice to pick up a few older ones that wern't in my collection.




SN851955



Mmmm, snowflake Batik Fabric. I'm such a snowflake junkie it's not even funny!!




SN851954



Lastly, I picked up a new backpack. Last year I bought one and it quickly became my favorite backpack for toting sewing supplies in. A few months back Murphy decided to chew a big hole in mine. I repaired it to some extent but it still had a big gaping hole so I treated myself to a new one. Purple this time:




SN851953


There's one more 'little' purchase that I made but it's being shipped to me so I will wait to post about it until it arrives. It wasn't an impulse buy...AT ALL. My mom can attest to that. Where I purchased it was impulse but my whole group gave me the thumbs up to do it.

Here's some pictures of the quilts that I liked in the quilt show portion. Everything seems to be moving more and more towards art quilts at this show. We uh, breezed through the quilts in under 10 minutes.






Well, there you have it. My quilt show report has come to a close.

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh oh oh! I bought those curve templates too, a long time ago, forgot about them. I also bought some foot for sewing curves...might be called curve master or something. There is a video frequently on Quilters tv and she shows you how she does that pattern I think! Looks like you had a great time and I think I have an idea what you bought! Hope you're feeling better!
Regina

Regina said...

Great fabrics - looks like some fun new projects coming out of your prolific studios! The slide show was cool -not a huge fan of art quilts myself, but respect the heck out of the people who can do that kind of work.

jillquilts said...

Love the monkey fabric! I have all of that, too. Sounds like you had a good time.