Friday, September 5, 2008

Mary's Midnight Maddness

Mom and I went to Mary's Midnight Madness tonight at the Patched Works. It's an open sew with about 15 ladies. As always it was a great time with lots and lots of laughs. Again, I kept coming in at the end of the conversation so whatever they were talking about sounded really 'off.' Giggle.

I sat down and got right to town. I had about a 1/4 of a side yet to sew down on the binding of my Let It Snow quilt. I finished that up and then ran upstairs to put it out on display.

I brought out my turtle quilt and finished assembling that. It turned out SOOOO cute. I might have to make another one for my baby quilt stash.


SN851834




Once that was done, I started to work on the mini phrase wall hangings for Ethan's room. Erin gave me a bunch of phrases and I'll be appliqueing them. When I'm done with them all I will hand embroider the author of each saying and I believe they'll be bound in the brown fabric.




SN851833


Until tomorrow, Jen

9 comments:

Regina said...

The turtle turned out ADORABLE!

T said...

Oh, wow! That turtle quilt is SO cute! And it seems like it took you no time at all - cool!

Now, for those of us who don't have the same machine that you do, can you take a picture of the zig-zag-ish stitch (or draw it) so we can look for something similar on our own machines? That's awfully cute stitching (too!).

Candace said...

Boy, Ethan is going to have one super cute room. I love your turtle quilt, it will coordinate with the room, but give it a punch of contrasting color.

Sara said...

That turtle quilt is so ADORABLE! I love it! And the sayings I am sure are going to look great!

kt said...

the applique came out great. the font looks good, and the sizing is perfect!

Shar said...

Your turtle quilt is precious! I love the colors.

vtquilter said...

That quilt came out great! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.. I will probably not be sewing or quilting much from March through August next year.

Mark Lipinski said...

LOVE that turtle quilt! xoxom

Moneik said...

Oh I love that quilt! It looks fantastic and the wording is beautiful! I'm sure you had a great time sewing!