Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Night Football

And by that I mean...Mike watched the game and I hid in my sewing room! Boy did I get the stuff accomplished!

I finished cutting the yo-yo's that I'm sending in Heather's care package. Now I just need to get my hands on the pillow cases that mom has so I can throw everything into the wash at once. Shop for a few fun things to put in her care package and get that on it's way.



SN851845

Then I finished up the applique phrase that I was working on. Three down, three to go.


SN851846



I sewed the binding on the two quilts for Ethan.


SN851848



SN851850



I also got all three labels hand sewn on. Now they're ready to be wrapped and shipped. I'll send those ahead of the phrase wall hangings because those will take me a while to finish yet.

While I was in the groove I decided to start the Yellow Brick Road quilt for Ava. The picture didn't come out too well. The flash would wash the color out or I'd turn the flash off and it would be too dark. I just couldn't balance the color that well in photoshop either. Oh well, just know that they're great pale pinks and a very light, subtle chocolate. I got the whole top from cutting to sewing to borders in under two hours. I've really learned to speed cut and piece this now that I've done it so many times. Honestly...I need to move onto a different baby quilt pattern! It's just that it's so easy to pull fat quarters and buy for.


SN851854


I'm on track with all of the things I want to get done this week. Then again this was my most free evening all week so it's probably down hill from here!!


10 comments:

T said...

WOW. You sure got a lot done - and finished, too! The quilts are all adorable - you do good work!

So tomorrow (oh! today!) is Teddy Bear Day. Do you have your door-hanging ready? Or are you waiting for Fortune Cookie Day this weekend? ;-)

If I wasn't so tired this evening, I'd be all inspired by what you've gotten done. You go, girl... !

jillquilts said...

Everything looks great! I can't believe how much you got done. I am still beat and I didn't do ANYTHING last night. :( And tonight, I have a board meeting for the Guild since I am going to be the secretary this year. I don't know why I let myself get roped into these things....

Regina said...

I swear you must not sleep. Although I finished 2 tops yesterday but they were already cut out.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Don't you wish Football was on every night? Giggle!
Regina

Moneik said...

I love Ava's quilt. It looks so pretty and I'm sure it will get lots of use. I can't believe how much you get done in a night! I cleaned house, but it so needed it and now I'm ready to sew tonight.

Suzan said...

You must be the Queen of YBR! Another pretty quilt!!

Candace said...

You have gotten so much done, and they are all wonderful.

Infinity Quilter said...

You did get a lot done. I usually sew during the football games too but last night decided to watch (at least the first 3 quarters) to see how they'd do. DH started keeping track of how many times Favre's name was mentioned but then gave up after the first half. LOL

Linda said...

Wow! Amazing how much you have gotten done! Great job! Wonderful quilts/applique!

lewister said...

Hey, I just got some of that Paddington Bear fabric in my last order. Love to see what you did with it. Now I just need to figure out something good myself. :-) The turtle is just too cute! Have posted this to my FriendFeed room for baby quilts.