Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pictures

I don't know why, I just didn't feel like taking pictures of my projects and posting them this weekend. I was just in a photo funk I guess. I guess that's why all of my posts from the weekend are LATE.

Before work this morning I got the Eclipse boy quilt top together. All 4 of these quilts still need borders. The Jellyin' Around ones I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do out of my stash. The Eclipse ones, I'm not too sure about yet.

I swore I was not going to buy any fabric while I was at work today. What happened? I bought fabric. We decorated for Halloween and of course I realized that Halloween was right around the corner and there was things I wanted to make. As if I don't have enough adorable Halloween things made already?

I already owned a Halloween Layer Cake and I had found a pattern in the Quick Quilts (At least I think it was Quick Quilts) Magazine. They call it a Halloween I Spy or something of that nature. You're supposed to fussy cut your halloween fabrics and then square in a square them with 1 orange on the top two corners and 1 yellow on the bottom two corners. Once it's assembled and offset it looks like halloween squares with zig zags separating them. It's not hard, but it's a little slow as it's more of a Row By Row assembly of a quilt. Soooo, I bought eight different 1/3 yards of yellow and oranges. In the end, I realized I could have just bought 1/4 yards and now I still need a few more. I'll wait to buy until the rest of the quilt is together.

I also picked up some cute bat and spider prints. Kim Schaefer has a fun pattern out where basically you cut a few bats out of timtex and satin stitch the edges like you do on a post card. I figured I could blow up a spider that I found and also have a spider garland.

Mom came over with Murphy for dinner. He gets anxious when he's at our house. Our stairs really freak him out; he doesn't even like to walk past them. So, Mom and I set up shop in the kitchen. We traced a few Halloween applique patterns. One is called, "The Witch is In." Once it was traced I decided it would be hilarious to turn the halloween pattern into a Wizard of Oz wallhanging. We'll see if I really go through with it or not. I've got a few things to figure out first and there may have to be an online purchase of ruby red hot fix crystals. Or, if all else fails, instead of it being the Witch is in, I'd like to make the sign spin so she could be "in" or "out." I'll come up with something. I already changed the lettering font because I didn't like the one that came with the pattern. It looked too, homemade. As if it had just been jotted out and sent off to print without giving it a nice once over. What can I say...I'm picky about fonts to begin with.

And that, was my Saturday!

No comments: