Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Progress on my Halloween Quilt

Ooooooo, I worked on my Halloween quilt and it’s really coming along. Unfortunately I didn’t buy enough of a selection of orange and yellow fabrics to keep going for the zig-zags. I had some older cuts that I could have used but they were from the J-store and I know that they would fade quite a bit the first time they were washed so it was just best to wait before continuing on. When I was figuring out how large I wanted the quilt I really didn’t take into consideration how large of a border I wanted to add. It’s currently 63 inches wide and I’m planning on making it 13 rows long so it will be 63X78 without borders. Oh well…it will be a big one!!!



SN851997



I decided to give Audrey a try on my regular sewing table. It was a bit cramped BUT now that I realized the issue is the light weight plastic table with the light weight machine I feel much better. She sews SOOOOOO nicely for such a little machine. Audrey LOVES to paper piece. I finished the first block for my valance that will hang in QSE. I need 6 of them total. 5 to go!! I’ll have to pick out which block I want to make next.



SN851998


7 comments:

Moneik said...

The Halloween quilt looks awesome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it when it's done, even if it is big. Still love that block, but then it does have my fav. colors!

Suzan said...

Love the Halloween quilt!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That star is sooooo cool! It's gonna look great. Love the Halloween quilt, too!
Regina

Carol VR said...

That valence block is awesome. I LOVE the colours.

bingo~bonnie said...

your Halloween quilt is super cool! One the kidos will be fighting over for years to come.. ;) I've never thought to make a holloween themed quilt before. Love your lightning streak setting. Bonnie over at quiltville just finished one using that setting ;)

oooough and your pp block is awesome! I love your fabrics! can't wait to come back and see what's next!

Hope you had a happy weekend & Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

Love your Halloween quilt. wonderful.

jillquilts said...

Did I mention that I love those blocks? I can't wait to see them all done up and hanging on your windows in just over 2 weeks!