Friday, September 12, 2008

The Quiltie Ladies

On Friday night we went to quilt at Caren's house. It was a Quiltie Ladies get together. It was nice to sit and sew with some of my co-workers and get to know them better. There were seven of us there in total. My mom and Jen we going to work on a pattern called Jellyin' Around. I had a charm pack and jelly roll that matched that I figured I'd use for two baby quilts so I joined them. I'm pretty sure all three of us got our blocks all sewn together. Here's what Mine look like:



SN851971



The Jelly Roll and Charm Pack was from Moda. I think it was the basic's bright collection or something of that nature? I will put all the blocks that have pink in them into one quilt and the balance will be divided up then so I have two quilts. I can put borders on to make them look more like girl or boy quilts depending on who I need to finish them for.

When I got home I tried to print out T-Shirt Transfers so that Mom and I could have Prolific Online Quilters t-shirts to wear to the quilt show. But, the type I bought didn't work out very well at all. I now have a ruined shirt that I can practice on! I need to get the type of t-shirt transfers that Julie used to make our Quilt S'mores shirts. I think she said it was HP brand so I'll have to get some a pack of that sometime soon.


1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I like those blocks, Jen. What size are the center squares? Like 4 inch?
Regina