Sunday, September 7, 2008

So SLEEPY

So, I slept from what about 9pm on Saturday night until about 10am on Sunday morning. I went out to my Grandma's with my Mom because I hadn't seen her apartment yet. MAN, is that trip ever a haul. I know...get over it already. I really need to get over it. Her apartment is lovely. She's so much more moved in than I am. LOL. Man...I guess that means I need to get my arse in gear for when Jill comes up next month! Actually, if it just looks nice; maybe her fresh eye to the place can help me decide what to hang where.

On the way out to my Grandma's I worked on cutting out letters for Ethan's wall hangings. Erin sent me a few more phrases so I've really got to get going on them! It's a good thing I'm LOVING applique. I decided for the shorter words I'll use a bolder colored thread, for the longer phrases I'll use one that matches the fabric better. After we were done visiting at Grandma's we brought her to my house since she hadn't been there yet. She loved my sewing rooms.

I was able to get this phrase appliqued while they were over:




SN851844



I spent the rest of the night working on the applique for a pretty long phrase. I've only got a few letters left on this one:




SN851843



I also was able to get the rest of the letters traced for the other phrases that I was emailed. I can cut those out during lunch breaks at work.




SN851842


That pretty much sums up my day. I have a lot of things that I need to get done this week:

  1. Get some pillow cases from my mom so I can throw them all in the wash so they're nice and fresh to send out to Heather's unit.
  2. Finish cutting the yo-yo circles out to send to Heather
  3. Shop for other goodies, package everything up and head to UPS.
  4. Box up Kristie's quilt and take that to UPS.
  5. Put the binding on two of Ethan's quilts, label all three of them. Box up for UPS. (I'll send the phrases at a later date.)
  6. Ava's baby quilt from start to finish.
  7. Quilt another one of my baby quilt tops.
  8. Design wallhanging for bedroom in EQ
  9. Finish curtains for living room
  10. Mail Suzan's Fabric

I'm still not feeling all that great. Even with all that sleep I needed a nap after dinner because I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

2 comments:

Moneik said...

Wow! I can't believe how much you can get done in a day. You probably needed the rest, so you can get a lot done this week.

Connie said...

Ya know, changing of the seasons really wacks out some people--DH and my Dad are especially prone to a general slump when the weather takes that first turn towards either warm or cool. One thing I believe is that when your body is saying sleep, by golly, your best bet is to sleep. Give yourself permission to nap! You earn it with all that you do!