Monday, October 27, 2008

7 Years

Today is our anniversary. Our 7th Anniversary to be exact.

Mike and I went out for dinner at a resturant called Claim Jumper; they give you so much food it isn't even funny. We went in wanting to eat light so we could have dessert. Yeah, that didn't happen! We'll go back one night JUST for dessert!

It's getting pretty cold here much earlier than normal. In past years it's always been a thing where Mom and I can see who can go the longest without turning the heat on. 2 years ago we made it to December 1st. Last year we made it to November 15th. We still haven't turned the heat on this year but wow...it was 62 degrees INSIDE our house. We're dealing with a townhouse versus our apartment. I'm really not sure how much longer we'll last without the heat turned on. I had 6 quilts on me when I went to bed. I obviously needed them because I didn't kick off a single one during the night. I joked that I'd have to make more and how it would be such a hardship; something I was being forced to do. LOL. We'll just have to bring out some of the quilts that have been out of the rotation for the last few years!

It's also time to finish up my curtains so that they're on the walls before we need to put the plastic up on the windows. We've also been tossing around the idea of a curtain between our living room and front door - there's quite a breeze that comes in there!!

Bottom line; Mike misses Max his own personal furnace!!

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great day. Wishing you many more!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OK I caved in tonight and turned the heat on in the livingroom on low. I can't help it I'm old and cold.

Suzan said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I got married in October once...

I caved on my heat two or three weeks ago. My parents came over and my mother looked like Nanuck of the North (kept her coat on)while she was here. I took pity on her and now the heat stays on low...very, very low. I have no real thermostat so I have no idea how cold I am keeping it but I think low 60s. The electric bill will probably send me screaming into the night.

Carol VR said...

You are brave. 62 degrees... WTF?!? Are you crazy!!!

I hate paying for heat, but I hate being cold more.

Oh and by the way we had our first snow fall last night....eggghhhh!!!!

jillquilts said...

OMG!!! You have won! Turn on the d*mn heat!! I think that you guys should get some more weather striping for the front door. There is definitely a strong breeze that comes in that way. It could help out a little.