Friday, October 10, 2008

=(

College friends of my husband Mike are going through a rough patch. Mike called me in the morning and gave me the details. Originally him and a buddy were going to drive up to MN to be supportive. They were going to leave Saturday morning and I got the bright idea that they needed to take a comfort quilt along so I had about 6 hours from the time I got off of work to make it.

I had it all planned out, it was going to be possible. Then Mike called and said they wern't going to be going for a couple of weeks so I had time to plan my quilt and get it made.

I decided to go with the pattern BQ2 by Maple Island Quilts.

It looks like a nice, simple and quick pattern and I found that I can pull from my stash to get it made. I have quite a bit of the line Fresh Squeezed that I had intended to use to make additional items for my kitchen but the likliness of me ever getting around to do that is pretty slim. I'll use that fabric for this quilt instead.

I should be able to get the quilt in the mail sometime this next week.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

So glad you found a quick easy pattern. Can't wait to see it after it's all quilted.

Suzan said...

I am sure the recipients will be moved and uplifted by your gift. It is a great idea.

Kristie said...

That is such a great idea to send them a quilt! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that pattern!!! Can't wait to see it done.
Kristie

Regina said...

I like that pattern -and am glad you got to make something especially for her and less rushed, although you can do a quilt in the blink of an eye it seems...