Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feelin' Groovy

Slow down you move too fast; you've got to make the morning last. Skippin down the cobble stones; lookin for fun and feeling grooooovyyyyyyyy.................

Sorry, just sittin here and singin' to myself.

I started a new audio book tonight. I decided it was Halloween season and what better time to listen to the book "Wicked." Uh, I got about 40 minutes in and I just don't get it. It's soooo hard to follow. I'm not sure if I should keep going or give up and move onto a different book.

Mike balanced the sheers on top of the blinds in the living room tonight so we could see how they look there. That window is a little wider; I don't think it needs all 4 panels but a third would help. An odd number, would that look ok? I think the best solution is to head back to Hancock's and see if I can buy an additionl 2 yard cut of the sheer fabric so that I can have curtains in both rooms.

I made quite a bit of progress on the Feelin' Groovy quilt top. I finished the last 11 blocks and assembled the top. I couldn't get a good picture of it but here it is anyway:


SN852050

It's a pretty large quilt; 72 x 90. I just love the colors. Can't wait to see this one quilted!

I think over the next few days I'm going to work on my various Halloween items and getting my house in order for Jill's visit.

10 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

Jen...it's GORGEOUS. I can not wait to see it quilted as well.

kt said...

'wicked' is hard to follow if you're doing other things (aka quilting while listening to it as a book on tape). it's definitely a good story, though... just kind of hard to get through. I've heard that you either love it or hate it. I would just recommend moving on to something else, but if you have the opportunity GO SEE THE PLAY. it's much easier to follow (though slightly different from the book).

oh, and I love the quilt, too. :) great color selection.

Moneik said...

Love the quilt! It looks really cool. What fabric line did you use? It reminds me of Asians and batiks mixed.

Kathy said...

Nice quilt! Be sure and post pictures after is is quilted.

Kristie said...

Very nice quilt! Love the fabrics! You will have that quilted in no time at all!

Enjoy your time with Jill! How long is she getting to stay? You girls will drive poor Mike crazy!! :)
Kristie

Carol VR said...

Is "wicked" now a movie??? I'd give up on it. After all you've already given it 45 minutes.

jillquilts said...

Great quilt! I can't wait to see it in person!! hee hee Don't worry too much about getting the house in order. I don't care a bit!

Freeblady said...

I tried to read "Wicked" too. It's very difficult with all the funny names. I agree with KT though, if you ever get a chance to see the play DO IT! We saw it in Chicago in July and it was FABULOUS!

Love the colors of the quilt. It almost looks like a cool kitchen counter top made up of many different colors of granite. Hmmm...

AJ said...

I love the colors too, it's a very pretty quilt.

Barb said...

Did you know that the name of the song is not "Feeling Groovy" but "The 59th Street Bridge Song." It's one of those weird trivia things that got stuck in my head and besides I love the song! Great quilt BTW.