Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fresh Squeezed BQ2

Huh, it kind of sounds like an energy drink! The quilt top has turned out pretty nicely. It doesn't get a borders so I think that once it's quilted I will bind it in orange to make it pop. For the backing I'm using the focus fabric - I have some in white and some in yellow. Apart I didn't have enough of either one. Together I did. To solve my problem I cut it apart and sewed it back together as a 4 patch. I now have a quilt back that doesn't look like I just ran out of fabric. It looks like it should be like that.


SN852061

I sort of thought the blocks were supposed to make a pattern; but they really don't. It was a fun quilt to put together and I think there are lots of great ways to use this pattern in the future. The blocks are very easily re-sized.

I was exhausted today. After the 3am sewing spree I just couldn't get moving. I met Jen V for breakfast at IHOP, then stopped at her Mom's house for a Hosta to plant in front of my home. We headed over to the shop to cut for a new quilt that the shop is doing and took items home to start sewing them up.

I came home from all that and took a nap...a really long nap. Oh well...I'll get things marked off of my list eventually!!!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

Looks like the more you play with the blocks, the different patterns it could form. Looks great!

Infinity Quilter said...

That is really cute. I just got that pattern about a month ago but haven't used it yet. Good luck getting all your "to do" list items done.

Kristie said...

Love the quilt!!! Very cute! I think I would need a nap too, after all of that sewing!!!
Kristie