Friday, October 24, 2008

Insane Ramblings

From the "things that piss me off file" I bring you the following gripes:

I've posted previously about my friend Tom who all through high school and college and beyond was pretty much a resident of our home and was part of our family - my brother. (See Graduation Quilt and Brother type Person)

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but dang it I do. He got married over the weekend and I found out through the friend of a friend that I ran into over the summer. As the date of the wedding grew closer the madder I got. I know it's pretty passive aggressive but I just posted a comment to their online wedding guest book that said Congratulations and nothing more. My feelings are hurt damn it.

The other thing on my gripe list today happened today at work. We were in a meeting and we've gotten a lot of new product hand outs. I was in the store one day, I bought a binder, I put it all in (We're talking like a ream of paper here folks). I go into the meeting and before it starts I'm given shit by my co-workers for having a binder. THEN, our boss hands out empty binders to everyone. But see, it progresses from there and a comment is made about why don't I just "knit it a cover."

You know what? I'm a quilter. I'm not a knitter, I'm not a crocheter. You want to poke fun of my hobby and ask why I don't just quilt it a cover that's one thing. Maybe I need a little wall hanging that says, "Quilters Don't Drop Stitches."

Like I said, I don't know why but these two things just irked the hell out of me.

5 comments:

jillquilts said...

Feel free to vent about what irks you all you want! You are allowed! It's your blog!!! Dang, there I go with my exclamation points again!

Regina said...

!!! Irked is right !!!
I would be, too - on both counts.
!!!!!!!

Moneik said...

I would be irked too... feel free to vent all you want!!!! We all have those things happen.

Carol VR said...

I was afraid my blog had become the irk zone for a while.... but beleive me we've all been there and more importantly you will feel so much better when you get the reassurance from others that it is OK.

Barb said...

It's like the Tissue Quilters ~ quilting with knitting needles. What the hell???