Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Iron Survey

My Aunt Karen needs some opinions on an iron. She asks:

I know with all your quilting you would be the one to ask....My iron burned and
died. Looked up rowenta's, never had one, but saw bad reviews. Jen, what
kind do you have? I have always gone thru irons every couple of years but
last one was really really cheap and I had at least 7 yrs but wanted new one
with lots of steam holes. Can you help?

The long and short of it is, I have a Rowenta. But I rarely use water in it. I will say I liked my old Rowenta better than my current one. Irons that don't get used every day probably should last more than two years. In the quilting world though, with all the use mine gets I know it won't last that long!!

Does anyone have a fabulous iron they would recommend or one they would recommend staying away from?


4 comments:

jillquilts said...

I have a Rowenta pressure iron and steamer and it's great. I think that you liked it when you used it tonight.

Jennifer said...

I just wore out an old Black and Decker, and it never seemed to get hot enough for quilting stuff, but was good for the clothes. Now I have a new Rowenta and I love it - I do use it with steam for clothes and quilting.

PianoWoman said...

I have a great Rowenta Actipress. I've had it for 5 years now, I leave water in it all the time and have never had a problem leaking or spitting. I use it mainly for quilting, so its gets a fair amount of use and I still haven't had problems with it.

Rose Marie said...

I have a Black and Decker that is probably 10 yrs. old now and it gets used quite a lot and I'm happy with it.