Monday, October 13, 2008

On Your Mark, Get Set, QUILT!!!

poetThis weekend will be a quilt retreat weekend of sorts in the land of Cre8tive Quilter. The activities planned are enough to make a grown man (MIKE) cringe and make comments about maybe finding somewhere else to go. Jill, Max & Maisy are driving up from Ohio. Muah ha ha ha, it will be a fun filled weekend of all things insane and quilty.

For you; my local buds who I may not have invited personally because there are days that I just lose my mind and forget, believe me...COME!! Come sew with us!! You all know my email address and my cell phone number so shoot me an email or give me a call and let me know.

Here is our tentative schedule:

Friday Night - Jill will arrive and get settled. We'll eat something and laugh till our sides hurt and get some sewing in.

Saturday at 9am I have block of the month at Bits & Pieces. From there we will embark on a whirl wind quilt shop expedition. I can fit 5 in my car (cough..Mike's truck with On star navigation). 3 Spots are already spoken for: Jill, Jen V & I. A 4th would be comfy; a 5th we could still do. It all depends how close you want to be. Another option is a second person driving. The plan is to start at B&P and go to Mill House quilts in Wanakee and on the way back perhaps JJ Stitches. I know that there's other shops in/around Madison so if someone knows of good ones to stop at, shoot me a line. I'm going to still be researching shops. Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc is another place to stop and I'm contemplating Pamella's Place although I haven't been there in years. If there is still time we will go to Patched Works, otherwise that will be on the to-do list for first thing Sunday. I've just gotta save the best for last!!

Saturday evening from whenever it is we get back from shopping until the wee hours of the morning we will be sewing.

Sunday will be a stop out to the Patched Works if we didn't get there on Saturday and then sewing for the balance of the day.

Monday will be non stop sewing all day long. Maybe a brief intermisson on Monday night for a goofy Birthday Party for Holly since her dog friends will be over. Hopefully Maureen and Emma can drop by then.

Tuesday; not sure what time Jill and the kids will be leaving so don't plan on it!

For those of you wondering...the turtle is the official logo of our weekend. He's a one eyed purple turtle. He represents those who cannot make the retreat (Regina one i, Regina A & Moneik). We hope to pull him out and take pictures at random with him in it. The three of them will have to guess which one of them the picture was intended for.



(No turtles were harmed in the making of this post)

7 comments:

jillquilts said...

OMG!!! I *LOVE* this schedule! I can't wait! The dogs can't wait! And that is really only because I tell them they can't wait! We will have to get something special for HB from the pups so that they can all play nice together! I know that HB had an unfortunate incident with pig's ears so those are out... hmmm, will have to think on this!

jillquilts said...

Crappola! Where does IHOP fit into this??? Cathy and I were gipped out of pumpkin pancakes on Saturday! Must.... have... my.... fix!!!

Moneik said...

You guys are going to have so much fun! I can't wait to find out where the one eyed flying purple turtle turns up on your adventures. Your schedule is jam packed!

Carol VR said...

Can I come??? Wait I too live too far away...LOL.

Keep us posted in pictures.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh! I'm so excited that some of us that can't be there will still be represented with our logo! There should be some green somewhere for the envy! Have a great time!
Regina

Suzan said...

Sounds like you have planned lots and lots to do. Have a great time!

jillquilts said...

Dang it! I thought of something else to ask last night while I was laying in bed....

Oh, yeah!! What about cupcakes for National Cupcake Day? And Saturday is Sweetest Day, too. I'm just saying....