Thursday, October 9, 2008

Spell Check - Part 2

A few weeks back I eluded to a Spell Check problem. My cousin gave me a few phrases that she wanted to hang on her sons walls. Well actually; they were from her and emailed to me by my Aunt. She typed them quick and sent them on their way. I didn't think anything of it so while I was choosing my font, I just copied and pasted it out of her email. I knew the word Discipline looked wrong but I didn't give it much more thought than that. A week or so later, it dawned on me.





SN851991


I kept putting it off but I finally came up with a way to salvage the project. I cut the word out at Dic. I made a straight cut down as close to the 'c' as I could and then another cut across as close to the letters as I could. I pieced a rectangle of backing fabric back in and even got my Y seam to turn out pretty decently.



Here's the close up of my 'fix.'




SN852066



Heck, I'm just glad I didn't have to re-do the entire phrase!!



Three of the six phrases are now quilted. I sewed them all together and loaded them onto the frame. I quilted them up and put the binding on. Now I'm hand sewing the binding so it might take a while!! I still have three more to quilt. I just need to pull a backing fabric for them from my stash and find some time to get them quilted. I'll take pictures of them all once the entire project is complete.




3 comments:

Carol VR said...

I'd have made thesame mistake for sure!!!

You did a great job fixing however.

Moneik said...

Great Job fixing the mistake, if you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

KyQuiltlady said...

U Dun Gewd! Looks Great!