Monday, October 27, 2008

There's still a little good in the world

When we were at the quilt show on Sunday we ran across Sarah from Dovely Quilts. I first met Sarah 2 years ago at this same quilt show while I was sitting in the Pillow Cases for Soldiers booth. When the show was slow we chatted. She's always remembered me whenever I've stopped into her shop or seen her at other shows. This last spring she closed the door of her brick and morter shop but has still kept her online store.

Sarah tracked me down while I was looking at the quilts and asked if I was still making Pillow Cases for soldiers. Of course; I just sent out 30+ to Heather's unit. She wanted to donate some fabric and would I come back to her booth with her.

Talk about generous!! Sarah gave me 6 yards of assorted solids, 3 yards of assorted flannels and about 8 yards on a BOLT of a fabric that will go with most of the fabric. I bet I can get 15-20 pillow cases out of this donation!


SN852222

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU SARAH!!!

4 comments:

cre8tivecrys said...

Thats amazing! I am always in awe of the kindness and generosity of quilters!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

She was such a sweet lady and so very generous. I'll be more than happy to help you make those pillowcases.

jillquilts said...

Sarah ROCKS!!! Now get busy on those pillowcases!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Just wanted to remind you how much those pillow cases meant to us out there.. I still have a yellow one with black kitties on it that I use on my couch pillow.. when I'm being lazy and laying on the couch. I had it when I went through surgery in January and used to to rest my arm on. Thanks again!!