Monday, October 6, 2008

There's a Whole Lot of Sewing Going On

It was a weekend of Baseball. Saturday's game was amazing. It was so exciting, the crowd was so pumped up and the Brewers beat the Phillies. Sunday...well, we lost. Sigh. It was still an AWESOME season. This is the furthest the Brewers have gotten in 26 years. Even though they lost, I'm still a happy fan.

Tonight I decided that enough was enough and I needed to work on my Living Room curtains. I have four panels to make. Halfway through I got the idea to hang 2 in the living room and 2 in the bedroom. I like how they look in the bedroom. Even if these don't end up there, I know what I want to do now. I hope to do the tops of the other two tomorrow night. If I can get the curtain rod hung, I'll hang them up for a few days. If I like the 4 of them there I will decide at what length to hem them at.


SN852037



Mike snapped this uber cute picture of Holly. He covered her up with my extra bed quilts. She was still covered when I went to be 2 hours later!


SN852040



I started work on a Blue Underground Studios pattern called "Feeling Groovy." There will be a kit for sale at the shop. There are two different blocks, this picture is of 9, B blocks. I'm almost done with the 11, A blocks. The quilt is going to be set 4 x 5. I LOVE it. Looking at it in this setting it almost has me thinking, COOL ART PIECE to hang in the living room above the couch. I'll have to think a little more on that.


SN852043



Hopefully I will get the top completed tomorrow night.

I finished putting my Halloween quilt top together on Sunday night. When I work on Wednesday I will pick up border, binding and backing fabrics. I'd like to get it quilted right away since Halloween is right around the corner.


SN852047



I need to get my other Halloween Wall hangings hung up and I have two more to make quick. Oh, and then there's the bats I want to make. It could be a pretty spooky Halloween at our house!

3 comments:

jillquilts said...

What? Quilts and wall hangings and bats? Oh my! I hope that me and the pups don't get skeered at your place!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

A regular haunted house. Time to sell tickets

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Lookin' great, Jen! Holly is adorable!
Regina