Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An unexpected thank you

I received the greatest email from Heather. She forwarded me an email from one of the guys she's deployed with who received one of the pillow cases that I had made. It said:


Jen,

Please except my deepest appreciation to you and all of those who were a
part of the effort in making pillow cases for us. As you can see in the
attached photo I have put mine to good use. It couldn't have been
anymore perfect than the colors of our nation, Red, White and Blue!
Having served 22 years in the Navy and now supporting the Fighting
Redcocks of VFA-22 of which Heather is assigned I will always have
something to remind me of the support we get from the folks back home.
Again, thank you so much!

GOD Bless,

Scott



Pillow case



That's what makes sewing for soldiers worth while!! I don't do it to get a thank you but man, it's soo neat to get one!



For those of you who may not support the war; just remember its' our American Soldiers over there fighting to protect our nation. Above all, we still need to support THEM.


2 comments:

Regina said...

Awesome!!!

April said...

That is so neat...my cousin leaves for Afghanistan in February and I am just hoping he stays safe