I really don't know how it got this bad!! My iron that is. Check out the bottom of it.
Thank God for Dritz Iron Cleaner it's back to looking like this:
I was able to get my antlers and holly leaves fused to the Reindeer blocks. I used up scraps of this and that in the way of fusible. Now that I've managed to use them all together I can really tell the difference. I think I'll be making myself up a fusible example sheet.
I also started to applique around the pieces. I was using a blanket stitch which I made to be really small. I used an embroidery 90/14 needle and I changed it twice within these 9 blocks. The fusible must really dull your needle quick. I could tell it was time for a change when the fabric started getting pulled down into the needle hole. I was also using a 12 weight (really thick) black wool thread that I had in my stash. To the untrained eye it could almost look as if I hand stitched it...AS IF!!!
Looks prety good if I do say so myself!!
Can I just note that I hate my new ironing board pad. It's far too squishy. I really don't know what to do to remedy that fact.