Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gotcha Day!

I got the binding put onto Matthew’s Yellow Brick Road quilt. In retrospect I should have put the yellow that I had for binding IN the quilt and used one of the two greens as the binding. I still like it but that goes to show you what a little re-arrangement of colors can do.



SN852328





SN852321




I still need to get the label on but I have a bunch of baby quilts that I’m finishing up so I’ll sit one night and get them all sewn on at once.




Our house was soooo cold and damp that we finally gave in and turned the heat on around 8pm. STARE. Our house was warmed up within 15 minutes! I think the whole reason I sat around and didn’t do much this weekend was because I was so cold. In the end I had 6 quilts piled on top of me while sitting on the couch. Holly wanted to be pet so she was climbing on me but there was no way I was taking my arms out of my cocoon.




In China it is Monday and for my Brother and Sister-in-law and their daughter Abby it’s GOTCHA day. They got to meet their son Matthew for the first time and a few hours after the meeting got to take custody. He’s 18 months old which makes Matthew and Abby 4.5 years apart.





Here is Matthew and our niece Abby:





I'm sure a few people have noticed by now that I have a US and China clock on my blog. It's just there while they're out of country so we can try to figure out what time it is there and when we might expect more PICTURES!!!




5 comments:

Moneik said...

The quilt looks great. I'm sure they will love it to wrap him up in when they get home.

Regina said...

yay Matthew (great name BTW!)

Lovely quilt - and so glad you turned your heat on!!!

Kathy said...

Congratulations on Matthew and he will love his quilt!

Rhonda said...

I'm like you, I've refused to turn on the heat until there are icicles on my nose.....LOL. What a sweet quilt. Little Matthew will love to cuddle in it. Take care.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

WELCOME MATHEW