Friday, November 14, 2008

Hearts for Sherry

A few weeks back Maureen came up with the idea to make a quilt for our friend Sherry whose son is currently on the list for a heart transplant. We asked around and got quite a few blocks from her friends. Mom, Maureen and I made our blocks a few weeks back (LINK). Once we received the blocks from all of our friends we assembled the quilt top. You can see our shenanigan’s here, here and here.


SN852284



Tonight was the night we gave the quilt to Sherry. We were at block of the month and Maureen had the box wrapped and in front of her on the table. Sherry was sitting next to her and asked what was in the box. Maureen told her not to worry about it.



At the end of our class Maureen stood up to present the box to Sherry, I stood on the other side of the room so I could capture it on video. Sherry was shocked.





Sherry.WMV

We went out for dinner after class. Sherry told us that she was starting to feel sad because she was thinking that we totally left her out of a project just because she’d been busy lately. She saw all the fun we had the night we sewed together and didn’t know why she hadn’t been invited.



In retrospect, I can totally see why she felt sad. It never dawned on me that she’d feel so excluded while we were trying to do something for her – after all, she didn’t exactly know it WAS for her and was completely shocked when we gave her the quilt.



I just hope that this story has a happily ever after ending…




7 comments:

Moneik said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I love it. What a great gift for a special friend.

KyQuiltlady said...

That is such a nice thing to do! I am sure she just loves it not only cause it is beautiful but that it is for her son, and it is from her good friends. Now you can say that is "from the Heart". Good Job! girls.

Treasa said...

Such a thougthful gift. One that I am sure she will enjoy for many years to come. I hoep her son does well. You ladies did a great job on the quilt.

Kristie said...

Lovely quilt! That was such a wondeful gift that you ladies made, I'm sure she will cherish it forever!
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Oh, that was so nice of you gals to do that! I wish that I had known so that I could've participated while I was there! We are all such good people!

Carol VR said...

What a great thing you'd done!!!

I love it!!!

Regina said...

Love the quilt - and the story from her perspective! Fingers crossed for that happy ending!